overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3739   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
canashian (11) - CANADA - JUN 12, 2003
The cloudy appearance might make Hoegaarden seem watery, but the cloudiness is intentional. The flavour of the beer is very strong, but surprisingly, it is a very sweet beer, without a hint of bitterness. Not something I'd drink a lot of, because I'm classless, but definitely a very different beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ElGaucho (2264) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - JUN 11, 2003
Consumed at Cafe Pushkin in Moscow. Faint wheat aroma. Cloudy yellow body with white head and very good lacing. Head is mostly lasting until the end. Flavor is fairly subtle; wheaty, but very, very drinkable. Better as it warms. Good with seafood.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
beastiefan2k (2645) - Emerald City (formely NYC & KS), Washington, USA - JUN 11, 2003
This is the first white beer I ever tried and I was very dissapointed, it was nothing I expected from a belgian beer. Small head that goes away quickly and an interesting aroma. Little body and nothing special about it whatso ever.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
hotstuff (4353) - Indiana, USA - JUN 9, 2003
This Belgian White poured a large invigorating white creamy head with fine-small bubbles. The lacing was sparse on the sides of my glass. The body was a cloudy yellow. The aroma was fruity in my opinion and it had a slight bitter taste to it. I truly enjoyed drinking this brew while it lasted, right thedm?? This brew went down way too smooth!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
thedm (4997) - Fort Wayne, USA - JUN 9, 2003
This brew poured an envigorated head of creamy fine white bubbles and a carbonated cloudy light yellow body. It had a mild banana-hop aroma. It started fizzy and buttery then finshed smoothly in a banana floral flavor. Indeed, this was another very nice brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Kinz (3395) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - JUN 8, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 18, 2003 Did I just have an off bottle? Did my tastes change? It hasn't been that long since I had this beer, and I remembered loving it. This one poured the cloudy pale yellow that I was expecting, but the head died fast and abruptly. The flavor was close to what I remember, orange followed by coriander, but the wheat field that I recalled was strangely lacking. Light bodied, as was expected, but a bizarre, biting astringency that lasted throughout the glass. Coriander came through more as it warmed. Disappointing, will need to rerate when I know I have a fresh bottle. RERATE, 6/18/03, just had it last week on draft, that was the beer I remembered. Beautiful wheat flavor, well balanced spiciness, none of the astringency from the bottle I had recently had, and a pretty lacing head to boot. Much better. Original ratings were 8/4/7/2/15.

BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - JUN 7, 2003
Interesting Belgian white, cloudy yellow appearance with a slight foamy head. Had hints of citrus and clove in the flavor. Very interesting, something that I'd have to try more of...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rickgordon (3845) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - JUN 5, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 29, 2004 Bottled. Lovely beer. Hazy yellow. Citrusy with a spicy touch of coriander. Yummy and refreshing. This type has become a new favourite.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
drywallman (334) - Lake in the Hills, Illinois, USA - JUN 5, 2003
It produced a thin white head that was short lived, and exhibited the expected pale yellow color with unfiltered yeast. It had a gread aroma and the spices made it very refreshing for a spring/summer day. Not a lot of body compared to other beer styles. I recommend it for warm weather refreshment.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dalle (1145) - Skørping, DENMARK - JUN 1, 2003
Small white head. Cloudy and pale golden-yellow. Sweet and spicy aroma. Light to medium body. Taste is slightly sweet and spicy (with a little bite!) with a dry finish. Good.