overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3615   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jpknight22 (171) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 19, 2002
I am not a big fan of white beers, and this was a different experience for me. Served with a lemon in most places in France and Belgium, this beer has the distinct flavor of a Belgian White - just a bit too bland for me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
duff (5484) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 19, 2002
Re-rate: alwasy liked it, and its always solid, but its just not as complex as it used to be when i started beer-huntin’. Nice belgian character, sweetish, with some spicy coriander, and lemony/mandariny citrusy flavour, refreshing none-the-less, and great when the weather is hot etc. Just not the beer it once was when i first had it a couple of years ago. i liked the old bottles better aswell, they were more classically Belgian. None of this wanky curved bottle crap, it smells of wanky marketing dudes at Interbrew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
howie (549) - DeForest, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 8, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 10, 2004 The aroma is the highlight of this beer. Flavors are good, the "sweet and sour" as they say, is refreshing and tasty, but the body is so light that the flavors don't have enough time on the palate. Very refreshing beer, but probably not worth the premium price.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
AceOfHearts (1375) - Mountain View, California, USA - NOV 4, 2002
Pale, champagnish appearance. Interesting to see "coriander and orange peel" described in the commercial description, that’s exactly how the guide at the tasting I just got back from described it. Dry, wheaty finish, somewhat sweet, could be stronger.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jcalbi (378) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 4, 2002
On tap. Very pale yellow with an almost flour-in-suspension look in the body. Very bright white sicky head. Aromas of wheat and lemon with a flavor profile similar to the aroma though I picked up some coriander as well. As the years have passed since I first tried this witbier It seem to me as though this beer has gotten too consistent, almost mechanical and a tad blander.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mauropd (37) - ITALY - NOV 3, 2002
Try the Grand Cru if you travel Belgium around april (if I well remember)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
foduck (330) - Denton, Texas, USA - NOV 2, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 9, 2003 Kind of smelled like cologne at first, then I could identify the smells. Now it smells like a bowl of fruit loops. Spicy but not overly so. Golden cloudy yellow with white head. The first white I"ve had, I think I like it. Light-bodied and fruity.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Rhino (57) - USA - OCT 31, 2002

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kevbo99 (149) - Dunmore, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 29, 2002
Most refreshing. unlike anythign i have ever had. light and slightly tangy. A definite must try.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DukeofYork (44) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 27, 2002
While I suspect my palate is unrefined, I simply couldn’t get much beyond a simple wit here. Try as I might, I can’t taste more than a tiny hint of spice/orange. Otherwise good.