overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3787   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tallmatt67 (99) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - AUG 21, 2003
(bottle conditioned)Flowery, slightly spicy aroma with clove and orange zest. Light yellow, moderately hazy if poured properly. Malt and wheat shine through a thinnish body and a sourish, but dry, finish. Lingering spice. Awesome!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - AUG 20, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 30, 2004 Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Interesting, frothy, sweet, smooth and delicious beer. So smooth and delicious, it immediately put me in the mood for swimming. I wanted to swim in a lake of this beer. I wanted to be like Scrooge McDuck in this beer it felt so smooth. Light and easy, the easiest smoothest beer I have ever tasted. Halfway through I spritzed a little Lemon into it, and it overpowered the flavor a little bit, but even then it was good. I want to replace water with this stuff it was so easy to drink. In a word--superb. PS...Over one year later after reading this, boy am I absurd. Enjoy

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
CEZ (403) - Milano, ITALY - AUG 20, 2003
Yellow body, VERY opaque, with a tall, creamy head. Moderately sweet (orange) and slightly yeasty (cobweb?) aroma, with a spicy touch. Not so impressive tough, it ought to be more intense. Moderate sweetness and acidity, with a dry and bitter finish. Very good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
jercraigs (8289) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 19, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 21, 2006 Draft. This consistently underwhelms me. Pale yellow, cloudy body. Usually a good sized head on it, this one was less than average. Slightly more watery than usual, but still a very nice mouthfeel. Aroma is of orange and spice (coriander?) I prefer Blanche de Chambly from Unibroue personally. An excellent macro product for sure though, that I tend to order more often than I realise at lesser bars!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
adwoan99 (244) - Ft. Worth, Texas, USA - AUG 18, 2003
I have to be honest - The Belgian Whites just don't do it for me. Not that I don't enjoy a nice relaxing beer; something to go down easy, I just like a little more character than this. This one is very pale, definite grain/straw aroma, with a little hoppyness. Taste is lightly bitter, smooth palate, but I think it just needs something "extra."

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Brodie (540) - Blowing Rock, North Carolina, USA - AUG 6, 2003
By far the best witbier out there! Cloudy straw color, excellent head retention and good lacing. Great citrusy and yeasty aroma. The flavor has citrus (orange, lemon), that classic Belgian yeast character, mild spiciness and phenolics, and some wheat tartness. Light bodied and effervescent. Very refreshing. Great beer for a hot Arizona summer day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
badgerben (4564) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - AUG 6, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 2, 2003 On tap in the Cellar, St. Andrews. It's like drinking a freakin bail of hay. That in itself was too overpowering for me to pick up on anything else. ReRate: I was far too hasty with this. It takes some time to get used to the straw flavor, but once that sets in a very nice citrus flavor slides in. Still not my favorite, but far better than I originally found it to be.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
andy609 (143) - Auburndale, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 5, 2003
Coriander aroma. Cloudy appeareance with a very nice large head. Nice coriander taste with some fruity sweetness. Good brew, but not the best Belgian.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
sillyrob (11) - USA - JUL 31, 2003
Great light tasting but still spicy, sweet, almost citric flavor. One of many great beers to come from Belgium. The palate is smooth, crisp and refreshing. Only downside is the cloudy nature of the appearance.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
humulus (339) - Salem, Missouri, USA - JUL 28, 2003
Aroma: smells great with ester and citrus overtones characteristic of the style. Appearance: Beautiful, cloudy, heady, and glowing yellow. Palate: smooth, crisp and refreshing. Flavor: nice hints of spice and ester. light and tantilizing. Overall: Really good, but could use a bit more flavor.