overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3617   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
canary dog (655) - Rutland, Vermont, USA - DEC 13, 2001
Nice heady weiss bier aroma. Cloudy with minor head and lovely Brussels lace. Weiss bier flavor with appealing delicate finish. The spices are very perfectly subtle. A pleasant and refreshing drink. I bet this would be great with roast chicken and rice pilaf.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
jstu9 (402) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 12, 2001
I had had every beer (I think) on draft at a place except this beer. Iíve wanted to try this because it is rated high here. But Iíve always avoided it because it is a wheat beer, and i donít like wheat beers. I just donít get them. I drank half of it without lemon, half with. Maybe it is a summer beer. Maybe Iím missing something. I think i shall avoid all wheat beers in the future.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Andreas99 (10) - Guetersloh, GERMANY - DEC 12, 2001
the market leader and still one of the best of style

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Todd (20) - Palm Bay, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 12, 2001
Not the best Belgian white around, but it seems to be one of the most readily available. Whatís this I hear, Celis White no longer available! For shame. What a loss!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
fuchebu (146) - Croydon, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 6, 2001
Pierreís first white. Almost as good as the now defunct Celis White

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
FUNK (120) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 4, 2001
What a beer. i love belgian whites and i can see why Hoegaarden is leading the pack. Nice light cloudy color with great orange tase. Got to get me more of this!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
outlaw99 (14) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 2, 2001
A nice surprise here also. Unique taste, smooth, goes down easy. Excellent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
HansJM (358) - NORWAY - NOV 29, 2001
A very different Weisse - compared to the Bavarian ones. Clean and fresh, very good after a long bikeride on a warm day!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
GermanBierGermanCars99 (1) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - NOV 26, 2001 does not count
I like this beer, though not one of my favorites. Had it on tap with a slice of orange, a la Dos Equis with lime. it is light and fruity, a good Witbier.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
blatz (138) - Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Florida, USA - NOV 20, 2001
After reading so many comments, I was excited to see this on tap on a recent trip to Atlanta. Honestly it did not appeal to me -- I had this right before trying Paulaner Hefe on tap -- I wish I stuck with two Paulaners than having this -- but it never hurts to try. Cheers!