overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3566   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jaysonl69 (24) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 11, 2009
nice beer. kinda piney in aroma, and appearance is somewhat cloudy, but normal for this style. great flavor and overall nice palate. try this one for sure.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
crisp500 (24) - New York, USA - NOV 6, 2009
pours cloudy gold/yellow with dissipating head. taste is citrus (think lemon juice). palate is the same. i don’t get an aroma but that can be a good thing. goes down easy enough. my favorite witbier to date.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
johnny123 (24) - - JAN 19, 2012
Good Belgian beer, but a little too sweet for my taste. I would rather have a Boulevard.

Loic99 (23) - LUXEMBOURG - JUL 25, 2001
a perfect wit beer...love that orange and spice! original and perfect for a hot smogy day on the patio...best served in 500ml glass, very cold or not at all...sublime!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ssurp (23) - trenton, New Jersey, USA - OCT 12, 2001
This is the white I always come back to. Perfect balance. Celis White was my favorite, but unfortunately their history. Great beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
alimcb (23) - ENGLAND - JUL 11, 2003
Hoegaarden is (in the UK at least) VERY expensive, and although it is EXCELLENT it doesn't justify the typical price tag of £3 a pint.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jcanj (23) - Michigan, USA - OCT 13, 2004
I first had this beer on tap and really enjoyed it. I then found it in bottles and it is now one of the beers I like to drink. I use to enjoy Blue Moon but since I have had this I don’t know if I can go back. A light refreshing enjoyable beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JakeFr5150 (23) - Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, USA - DEC 12, 2004
I’ve been eyeballing this brew for a few weeks at the grocery now, so I picked up a sixer of it last night. Glad I did - It was about as I expected it to be. Basically, it is a much better Blue Moon. Pours a decent golden color with a peculiar haze, which definitely fits their claim of being unfiltered. The head is a nice yellowish white creamy pillow. It didn’t last too long though - not sure if it was how I poured it or if it does this anyway. You can definitely smell the citrus in this stuff. The taste is very light orange w/ spice, a refreshing change from the overly fruity Blue Moon. Goes down smooth and leaves no funky aftertastes. Honestly, the only negative part of this brew is the cost. I guess if I am going to spend $8.49 for a sixer, I grab Anchor Steam Beer instead. Definitely a nice change of pace though. Highly recommended if you are hankering for a slightly sweet brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Woodpecker (23) - Warrenville, Illinois, USA - NOV 2, 2005
The bottled beer is not NEARLY as good at the Hoegaarden on tap. I first had Hoegaarden in a giraffe at Ballydoyle’s in Downers Grove and it had a smooth, citrus flavor and went down very well :) However, the bottled version seems to be more bitter and didn’t have the same citrus flavor. Too bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
mrm1021 (23) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - MAR 1, 2007
Hazy straw color pour; good thick white head. Some citrus aroma w/spice. Palate was to me a bit weaker than other Belgian whites I’ve tried. Decent tart finish. May be a better rated beer during the Summer vs the Winter. Good but not great Witbier.