overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3853   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
XtraStout (46) - Alberta, CANADA - MAR 1, 2006
Well I have to say that Iím genuinely impressed. I had this beer from a bottle and drank it from something of a chalice. The first sip was decieving and as the beer level in my glass dropped my like for it heightened. You can taste ever so faintly spome wonderful spices that I cannot identify but that give it a marvelous taste. A SPLENDID finish. One of the best Iíve had recently. I can imagine that this beer would go beautifully with a non-spicy simple meal, perhaps a steak and garden salad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Wobbler (46) - IRELAND - MAY 14, 2007
There are few things Iíd rather drink on a hot day. The beer looks beautiful with a nice bright yellow colour. The flavour is banana and citrus. Itís extremely refreshing but not hugely moreish. I like it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
spud1987 (46) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - FEB 21, 2008
Love this beer. Poured from a 11.2 oz bottle. A two finger white head. Aroma of wheat, orange, and spice. Delicious crisp taste, the perfect summer beer. Good hops, not too hoppy but perfect for a belgian white. Big flavor, not watery, but easy to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kenbeer (46) - , AUSTRALIA - OCT 13, 2008
No matter how many times I have had it I still enjoy this beer. Nice citrus and ginger notes with a body that seems to be both light and creamy at the same time. Excellent stuff and becoming much easier to get.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
apcandrew (46) - Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA - JUL 31, 2012
Pours hazy pale yellow with thin white head. Aroma of wheat and fruit. Taste slightly sweet with bold wheat flavours. Very enjoyable.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
MacAnUltaigh (45) - Tampa, Florida, USA - APR 20, 2008
Pours very pale golden from the bottle to the glass, with a small head that seems to dissipate rather quickly. Perfumy aroma may be a bit much to handle. Overly sweet in the aroma, fairly malty in the flavor department. Lots of citrus and spice. Slides across the palate with a watery mouthfeel, finishes nice and clean despite the low CO2.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
young (45) - Georgia, USA - AUG 13, 2000
Had this on in the same session as a Celis white and actually enjoyed this one more. It seemed to linger a little longer on the palatte. Have not had very many beers in this style, but will certainly start.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
RogerBurks (45) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 25, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 20, 2004 One of my absolute favorite beers. I prefer it on draft. Incredibly complex bouquet. Even more incredible taste, varying from spice to citrus to malt to subtle vanilla. Delicious.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
jeffwhalen (45) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 17, 2003
This beeer was served to me with a warning, a great omen..."if you haven't eaten anything yet, you better only have one, and if you have eaten, then don't have more than two" well, I can't remember much of the aroma, etc...I hadn't eaten and drank about 6...luckily I lived around the corner and stumbled the 100 staggers home, safely, at least un-arrestedly...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
smeltfisher (45) - Mississippi, USA - OCT 18, 2005
Beautifully cloudy-white with a distinctive refreshing after-taste. My first Belgian wheat, so I compare it to all others.