overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3853   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
jeffwhalen (45) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 17, 2003
This beeer was served to me with a warning, a great omen..."if you haven't eaten anything yet, you better only have one, and if you have eaten, then don't have more than two" well, I can't remember much of the aroma, etc...I hadn't eaten and drank about 6...luckily I lived around the corner and stumbled the 100 staggers home, safely, at least un-arrestedly...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
badazito (45) - - NOV 27, 2013
Aroma muito agradável (leve lembrança de weiss com especiarias, entre zimbro e coentro). Coloração amarelo turvo com ótima carbonatação e excelente retenção de espuma. Cerveja seca e levemente cremosa. Saborosa, levemente citrada com lembranças/retrogosto amargo/azedo lembrando o zimbro e coentro. Excelente witbier, sendo uma ótima representante do estilo. Altamente recomendável para quem não conhece o tipo witbier.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
crippledbrewer (45) - - DEC 9, 2013
I really enjoyed the bottles I tried although the could do with a bit more of a flavor punch. Their website says ‘…there’s the soft taste, light and slightly sweet and sour with subtle citrus notes…’ my biggest complaint about the beer is the citrus is too subtle, you can only just, with concentration, pick it up. On the positive side it is still a nice summer beer with a taste that is going to appeal to a large audience.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DukeofYork (44) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 27, 2002
While I suspect my palate is unrefined, I simply couldn’t get much beyond a simple wit here. Try as I might, I can’t taste more than a tiny hint of spice/orange. Otherwise good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ohknaks (44) - USA - OCT 1, 2004
12 oz bottle: Pours a cloudy yellow with a thick white head. Aroma is that of a weissbier; fairly sharp with a hint of citrus. First taste is very different than I expected. Full of flavor, fairly spicy with a hint of orange. Not quite sure how much I like this one, but it grows on you the more you taste it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
osmg95 (44) - Florida, USA - JAN 17, 2005
I’m happy with this beer. I don’t normally like fruity flavors but the whole package just sits well with me. Nothing stands out on it’’s own here. Everything is balanced and combind to produce a very good beer. I like this a bit on the cold side. I have nothing negative to say about this beer. It’s not my first choice but it certainly will quench your thirst.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
billism (44) - Missouri City, Texas, USA - JAN 17, 2007
From the bottle. Pours a hazy light yellow. White head recedes quickly to a white halo around the glass. Aroma is of citrus and yeast. Crisp, sweet, and tangy flavor. Pretty smooth on the tongue. Very drinkable.

milwaukeebeer (44) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 16, 2008
whats not to like? fantastic fruity nose. poured lemon color with good frothy head. citrus aroma with a little tingle on the palate. crisp finish. one serious contender.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
GangGreen712 (44) - Woodstock Valley, Connecticut, USA - MAY 24, 2008
Medium head, very light color, clearer than most ales of its type. Very dry and less citrus-y/fruity than I was expecting. Not my favorite, but okay nonetheless.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
SandK (44) - Arizona, USA - SEP 5, 2010
UPDATED: SEP 20, 2010 Sweet and smooth with a frothy eggshell head. Creates a fruit party in your mouth with hints of banana and slightly bitter orange. A beer that most people will fall in love with. K- 4.6/5 S-4.4/5