overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3978   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DukeofYork (44) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 27, 2002
While I suspect my palate is unrefined, I simply couldnít get much beyond a simple wit here. Try as I might, I canít taste more than a tiny hint of spice/orange. Otherwise good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ohknaks (44) - USA - OCT 1, 2004
12 oz bottle: Pours a cloudy yellow with a thick white head. Aroma is that of a weissbier; fairly sharp with a hint of citrus. First taste is very different than I expected. Full of flavor, fairly spicy with a hint of orange. Not quite sure how much I like this one, but it grows on you the more you taste it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
osmg95 (44) - Ohio, USA - JAN 17, 2005
Iím happy with this beer. I donít normally like fruity flavors but the whole package just sits well with me. Nothing stands out on itíís own here. Everything is balanced and combind to produce a very good beer. I like this a bit on the cold side. I have nothing negative to say about this beer. Itís not my first choice but it certainly will quench your thirst.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
GangGreen712 (44) - Woodstock Valley, Connecticut, USA - MAY 24, 2008
Medium head, very light color, clearer than most ales of its type. Very dry and less citrus-y/fruity than I was expecting. Not my favorite, but okay nonetheless.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
gmanbeer (44) - Petaluma, California, USA - JAN 24, 2010
From bottle pours a cloudy yellow, medium size white head that leaves quickly. Looks like lemonade. Odor of citrus and cranberry. Has a sour taste thats not balanced well with some bitter or sweet. Thin mouthfeel. I guess its just not my type of beer

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
SandK (44) - Arizona, USA - SEP 5, 2010
UPDATED: SEP 20, 2010 Sweet and smooth with a frothy eggshell head. Creates a fruit party in your mouth with hints of banana and slightly bitter orange. A beer that most people will fall in love with. K- 4.6/5 S-4.4/5

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
pkmd1 (44) - - AUG 14, 2014
Golden color with thin white head. Nice wheat citrus smell with fullness in mouth with wheaty follow through in taste. Good overall not a favorite yet

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
billism (44) - Missouri City, Texas, USA - JAN 17, 2007
From the bottle. Pours a hazy light yellow. White head recedes quickly to a white halo around the glass. Aroma is of citrus and yeast. Crisp, sweet, and tangy flavor. Pretty smooth on the tongue. Very drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BlackOut (43) - East End, ENGLAND - FEB 26, 2008
probably only white beer i can tolerate, nice and refreshing, I usually get it in a bar, comes with a slice of lemon. Best for hot summer day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
peterstrongale (43) - Tampa, Florida, USA - NOV 28, 2006
Pours a very pale hazy yellow coloured beer with a foamy white head. The nose is very perfumed with notes of orange/citrus with some spice and a hint of yeast. Fruity in the taste and more citrussy notes. Finishes with a thick sweet maltiness. This beer is great.