overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3583   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
timdabomb (6) - greensboro, North Carolina, USA - JUN 15, 2003 does not count
I loved this beer te first time I tried it, and I still do. It's great with an orange too!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
snowdog (6) - USA - JUL 12, 2003 does not count
Hoegaarden is a nice wheat beer. I really can't say that there's any one thing that stands out about it, I guess it's just not got the character that I would say makes it one of the great beers that I have tried.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
PapillonPO (6) - Florida, USA - OCT 7, 2005 does not count
Nice fluffy pure white head, yellow body and a tad bit sour. I wasn’t expecting a sour taste of the beer, however it quickly goes away. Light and cloudy w/orannge and bananas...good for rainy days?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
cheaphead (6) - pefferlaw, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 14, 2006 does not count
UPDATED: MAR 19, 2006 fruity head, almost sweet.appearance, very cloudy , unfiltered, taste will linger, body is medium, colour is pale

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
hilikus83 (6) - san diego, California, USA - APR 25, 2006 does not count
This one pours a very light hazy yellow color. Almost looks like an unfiltered light beer with thick foamy head. The smell is sweet with hints of citrus. Mouthfeel is thin and high in carbonation. The taste is excellent, strong citrus flavor and a sweet lingering aftertaste. One of my favorites so far. Great witbier!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
gregdl (6) - christiansburg, Virginia, USA - JUL 1, 2006 does not count
Best white beer I’ve had. Strong coriander taste,smell is very crisp and clean. This beer compliments almost any food. Color is very pale and cloudy,with a nice foam top. The coriander leaves somewhat of an after taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
CitySlicker (6) - SWITZERLAND - AUG 4, 2007 does not count
I had 12 of these the other everning! Nice while listeing to old school 2pac by the pool. I can testify to the jury that Hoegaarden Witbier is one drinkable drink:) You just find yourself refilling the glass over and over and over .Well I do. Very citrus and refreshing.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
looframp (6) - , NETHERLANDS - OCT 5, 2008 does not count
Great summer beer. One of my favourites.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
scotinottawa (6) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 28, 2010 does not count
Hoegaarden (Belgium) 4.9% 473ml (pint) A refreshing wheat ale with mild citrus flavour, light body and pleasant aftertaste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
khaas (6) - Illinois, USA - NOV 18, 2010 does not count
Aroma was nice, but very mellow with just a hint of either citrus or floral. Hazy in the glass, and the head was minimal, but it could have been my pour. Taste was slightly sweet with some citrus coming out. Pretty light body, a little creamy, and fizzy on the tongue. Overall, pretty good, but a little too light for my liking.