overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Belgian White (Witbier)
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 3779   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
outlaw99 (14) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 2, 2001
A nice surprise here also. Unique taste, smooth, goes down easy. Excellent.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Cheesemonster99 (14) - Glasgow, - APR 20, 2002
Very nice, one of my favourite beers, nice with a slice of lemon, but why is it so damn expensive???

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
quintu (14) - Catalunya (Barcelona), SPAIN - JAN 31, 2004
Rare appearence but so caractersistic tasting, a has a great acid flavour but on the other hand has a sweet end if you drink it icy. Great beer, but not to drink it so often beacuse is easy to bore

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
poivre (14) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JAN 10, 2005
Well I found this in January in one of my favorite bars, and I thought, why are you serving this now? Itís bound to be a llittle subdued. I belive all wits should be drunk at their peak, before the spices and citrus have time to decompose. Itís the most available, but not the best.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Knoxville (14) - Terrassa, SPAIN - FEB 4, 2005
Cloudy yellow colour (reminds a lemonade), with nice white head. Very sweet, I think. Good aroma with citrus notes. Itís a very refreshing beer, excellent for summer time.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Tristan (14) - Ontario, CANADA - SEP 7, 2005
Nice beer, smooth, nice taste and after taste, enjoy at any occasion. Belgian beers are among my favourites

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Illinest (14) - Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 23, 2005
First time trying a Belgian white, I liked it quite a bit. Very crisp, very refreshing. I look forward to more.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
paganunca (14) - CHILE - MAY 24, 2007
Cerveza muy clara con sedimentos. Muy agradable , amargor suave, y la cantidad justa de alcohol para lograr un sabor refrescante.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Glamdring (14) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - AUG 6, 2007
This is one of my favorite beers, I love Belgian whites. The color is a cloudy off yellow with moderate carbonation. The head is a thick frothy white. Good example of Belgian white with citrus undertones and smooth finish. Overall just a great beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Mmmmbeeer (14) - USA - NOV 3, 2007
I canít figure out which is my favorite summer beer, this or Paulaner Hefewiezen. But thereís nothing I like better on a warm summer afternoon than to sit outside at a beer garden and work my leisurely way through several of these with lemon. When they donít have this or Paulaner Hefewiezen, Iím kind of annoyed because itís all I want. Hanging out and talking to friends, drinking these, it just yields a perma-grin. I imagine the purists scoff at the lemon, but it just came with it the first time I ordered it and it was great. So refreshing. And the lemon seeds rise up and down in it as the bubbles form and pop. This is a thirst-quenching beer with excellent fresh flavor. And yet itís somehow also just a bit warm in the throat (spice?), inside or simultaneous with the chill. Really this review is fungible with Paulaner Hefewiezen so Iíll post the same thing there. I like the ghostly paleness of this one and itís lighter. Maybe spicier. Those waitresses need to stop erroneously correcting my correct pronunciation of this word. Get thee to Belgium, woman!