overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 4060   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
messymatt (36) - NETHERLANDS - AUG 15, 2006
I used not to like white beer, but this is pretty good. Only drink it when the weather is warm and don’t get sucked in by the people around you putting lemon in it.

dobb1392 (36) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - OCT 29, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 12, 2004 I'm not going to say I was disappointed with this beer because it is a great beer, but I do wish I tried it before reading other reviews so I didn't have such high expectations. It goes down easy with a great aftertaste. Nice big white head with a full yellow body. Try it before you read too many gracious reviews.

Flocci (35) - BELGIUM - APR 29, 2013
THE ubiquitous white beer in Flanders/Belgium, and for a good reason. Who would settle for an average lager when this is available? Lemon zest, mildly spicy, the coriander present, but you need to search a bit for it. That famous hazed over sunshine, under a billowing pure white cloud. Served in its proper glass, this is what your everyday beer should be like. Santé!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jcurtis55 (35) - Plainfield, Indiana, USA - JUL 8, 2011
Had my first Hoegaarden on tap at a PF Chang’s. By far the best beer in their selection. I’d not tried Hoegaarden before, as I usually prefer the heavier maltier beers over hoppy beers, but this one was an excellent summer beer, and I was really taken with how well it went with the Chinese food, even the hot and sour soup. But the beer seemed to have a bit of sweet and sour mix itself. The first thing I did was pitch the orange slice they put in it. This isn’t Corona, it doesn’t need any help. I was taken right away with how light a yellow this beer was with a very nice white head, but this is my first time trying a Witbier. It was a touch cloudy and produced a nice lace. It was hard to get much of a read on aroma, as it was served up in a pilsner glass, but I primarily got fruit and corriander. The taste was similar to the smell, but I got more hops at the midway point of the drink. The citrusy taste along with the spice and hops made a nice combo. I’d always avoided the white beers, assuming the would be too light to intrigue me, but Hoegaarden opened my eyes and leaves me willing to try some more Witbiers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
StateofTrance (35) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 1, 2006
Cloudy whittish-yellow - a fine looking beer. Summery refreshing with notes of citrus and herbs. Throw out the bud, and grab this for an everyday beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
johnnydollar (35) - greenville, South Carolina, USA - DEC 28, 2006
not my favorite but a good option when other (better) begium beers are not available. light, wheaty, and sweetish.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
winto (35) - Washington, USA - AUG 28, 2014
nose: grassy, yeasty, fruity. there’s a combination and balance ive not found anywhere else. underripe apricots, citrus, sourdough bread, golden delicious apple. palate: meyer lemon, yeast spilling out the sides. mouthfeel is light and quite frothy. white peach, even red plum, sourdough crust. finish is refreshing and out of the way except for a grainy wheaty filminess, chalkiness that hangs around. beautiful

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Mehmet22 (35) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 27, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 6, 2006 Nice frothy 2" white head. Pale yellow cloudy appearance. Certainly light fresh and floral nose with a hint of boiled Suidae (No kidding). Maybe apple and some spruce(citrus). Powdery gum-like mouthfeel quite enjoyable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bufordbrewer (35) - Georgia, USA - JUN 15, 2014
Nice biscuit aroma. Cloudy yellow, pouring a nice head with some lacing. Coriander, slight orange. Refreshing on the back of the throat. Excellent summer refresher!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
treska32 (35) - SLOVENIA - JAN 24, 2011
One of the best beers. Its aroma and taste is very fruity, drinkable and light. First fruit which came on my mind is quince (this is fruit from which is Becherovka made of)