Brewed by Brouwerij Hoegaarden (InBev)
Style: Witbier
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 4111   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Unfiltered Belgian White, flavored with coriander and orange peel, creating a sweet & sour taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
obxdude10 (2270) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 20, 2003
I was very surprised in how much I like this beer, I am no fan of Belgian witbiers, but this one took me by surprised, and I'm very glad I sucked it up & bought a bottle of this, I was pleasntly surprised, the appearance was oddly similar to grapefruit juice, nice soft white silky head that laced around the glass, the color was a hazed light-golden, hints of a musty nose with a bit of tartness, very well balanced with a medium-drinkable body, the flavors seemed a bit bland, but still a very drinkable beer, definitely the best Beglian Wit I've ever had

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
badgerben (4888) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - AUG 6, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 2, 2003 On tap in the Cellar, St. Andrews. It's like drinking a freakin bail of hay. That in itself was too overpowering for me to pick up on anything else. ReRate: I was far too hasty with this. It takes some time to get used to the straw flavor, but once that sets in a very nice citrus flavor slides in. Still not my favorite, but far better than I originally found it to be.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
TC2642 (265) - Worcester, Worcestershire, ENGLAND - DEC 12, 2003
Nice spicy and orange aroma with the same in the tasting. What I would say detracts somewhat from this beer is that it is slightly to watery for my taste. I prefer this in summer, it's a nice refreshing beer on a hot day.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Boutip (5950) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 22, 2003
Bottle - Hazy white brew with a nice white foamy head with good retention. Aroma of coriander is strong but pleasant. Body is medium and good have been a bit stronger. Very refreshing beer for those hot summer days.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ChazyRPh (583) - Chazy, New York, USA - JAN 8, 2004
Pours like hazy lemonade. Minimal head that leaves quickly. Served on tap with a slice of lemon at Hurley's Irish Pub. Obvious lemony aroma, with some banana. Typically yeast aroma, similar to a hefeweizen. Smooth with a yeasty bread aftertaste (lemon also). A good summer brew, decent beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
lithilorn (276) - Covilhã, PORTUGAL - DEC 21, 2007
Bottle. wheat,bread and citric aroma, nice white head and yellow color. the flavor of citric is not too acid, but a light sweetness. A good witbier.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Furseth (2102) - Kungälv, SWEDEN - FEB 26, 2008
Bottle:Yellow/white hazy colour, with a creamy/laking head. Aroma of citrus, banana, and organge. Flavors is almost the same. Thin body, thin to medium smouth fruity finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Mugsie84 (4) - Inverness, Illinois, USA - FEB 29, 2008 does not count
Tap from Midtown in the Chicago Loop. I apparently got the bottom of the barrel as after two pints they were out. Served with a lemon in an ale glass. Pretty middle of the road Belgian White Ale. Cloudy, but crisp. I would order it again, but wasn’t overwhelmed by it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Alldaydrinker (559) - Norwood, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 13, 2008
Pours a pale yellow color with a large white foamy head that is easily aggrevated. Nose is yeasty, clove, corriander, other spices, orange peel/citrus. Initial taste of clove and corriander, moving into wheat and spices. Finishing is crisp and refreshing but too light and flavor qualities fade quick. Palate duration is average. Better than some belgian whits that I have had but this is no prize itself. Above average head retention. Extremely light bodied.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
EricE (1367) - Seattle, Washington, USA - SEP 14, 2008
Very pale almost lemonade like pour with lots of bubbles and a nice white head. Wheaty spice with coriander and banana. Dry citrus flavor with spice and a bit of malt. Good easy to drink Sunday afternoon beer.