overall
Manchester, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 107   WEIGHTED AVG: 3   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Bottle; Pasteurised.
Ingredients: Amber malts, Cascade hops, Maple.
Finalist at Tesco Beer Challenge 2005.
Silver Medal winner in the International Brewing Awards, Maplemoon is brewed using unique subtle maple flavouring. A lighter more malty ale, this is a perfect accompaniment to spicy foods.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
JaKeAFC (518) - ITALY - JUN 25, 2012
50 cl bottle, 4.8%, 2.80€. Clear amber color with a bubbly offwhite head. Nose has something fruity with a hint of roasted malts. Aroma of roasted malts, caramel, syrup, sugary, with cascade hops. Really don’t know how maple tastes like so can’t judge that.Taste is sweetish and sugary with a moderate bitterness balance.Mouthfeel is fuffy, medium bodied with a sourish edge and moderately dry. Carbonation is soft.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BlackHaddock (3645) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - MAY 10, 2012
Feb 2008: 500ml brown bottle, this beer is made with cascade hops for aroma, amber malts for colour and a hint of maple for the hell of it. good solid amber colour, almost clear but a slight cloudiness can be seen. The white head soon disappeared into a wispy semi covering. The aroma was fairly weak, some hops and barley but little else. The maple may well be in there, but I couldn’t find it, I found the beer sharp, tangy and bitter. In other words, what an English bitter should taste like. The beer became drier as I drank it and although it wasn’t unpleasant, it changed my perception of the beer and I would have prefered it to have got sweeter with the maple making an appearance. All in all, fine. The maple tag is obviously a gimmick because there was no hint of it within the drink according to my senses, which is a shame, because I wanted to see what it would do to the beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
StueyD (1144) - Heacham, Norfolk, ENGLAND - MAY 3, 2012
Mid amber brown coloured beer with a weak, off white head. Sweet, slightly spicy aroma, perhaps because of the maple, but malty and a hint of hop. Dry mouthfeel. A bitter initial flavour is followed by a mild sweet taste, nutty, caramel and a tiny hint of spice, with a faint hop flavour in the finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
thepeter (278) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - FEB 14, 2012
I got this beer for the name alone thinking it was going to have a much stronger maple flavor. It did not. While this did disappoint me I, am going to try not to let it affect my review, But it probably does! A- Golden Amber hue, very pretty in the light. Nice fluffy white head that lasted an entire sip. S- only the slightest maple aroma and I am still not quite sure if that was just my wishful . . . smelling. I hate to give such a generic discription but it just smelled like any typical bitter. T- Not really any maple flavor. A bit of sweetness but that is covered up by all the hop bitterness. Don’t get me wrong, I liked the Sticky, pine resiny flavor, but it was completely unexpected and not what I had wanted when I opened the beer. Still pretty good and surprisingly refreshing. MF&D- Could have been a whole lot smoother, over carbonated in my opinion. bit of a bite on the back of the throat. I could easily drink another but would probably pick up something different to begin with.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
prawlie (1141) - Berkshire, ENGLAND - DEC 21, 2011
500 mL bottle from Morrissons in Bracknell. Amber with fizz and a reasonable head. Pleasant caramel hop aroma. Nice and reminds me of Manchester days. Caramel, hops and sugar, unusaully sweet gorfor a British beer, and very nice. A nice drop, would certainly have it again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Finn (4157) - Tromsø, NORWAY - DEC 5, 2011
Flaske 0,5l fra Sainsburys, Earls Court. Gyldenbrun. Drukket hjemme 20 Sep 11. Høyt & pent kremaktig skum. Mye bobler på glassveggen. Forsiktig - men god sitrusaroma. Smaken avrundet. Litt nøtter. Frisk syrlig ettersmak. Litt tung fruktig avslutning.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
ralphdot (982) - Billingham, Durham, ENGLAND - NOV 6, 2011
4.8%, amber colour with a thin head, slight fruit aroma, there is a hint of maple syrup in the taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
thepegjett (1260) - Cambridge (via Winnipeg), Cambridgeshire, ENGLAND - OCT 26, 2011
A - light maple with caramel and hops A - mid gold with lacy head T - sweet with slight sour and light hoppy bitter P - mid and creamy O - nice bitter

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
superflyguy (427) - Leeds, West Yorkshire, ENGLAND - OCT 8, 2011
really not very good. pours a watery orange/brown with no head. the aroma give next to nothing away, just a slight hint of malt. almost no flavour, just a soapy finish and a mouth full of fizz. very disappointing. if i wasn’t so tight it might have been poured away!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Benjii (3049) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - OCT 4, 2011
Bottle from Sainsbury’s. Pours a nice pink - orange colour with a thin beige head. Maple syrup on the nose with toffee apple and caramel also. Similar maple flavour without being too sweet. I like the oily mouth-feel. Mild carbonation. I’m surprised by how much I like this.