Holy City Lamp
     click to upload

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 231   ABV: 7.7%
"Chris, are you using the Belgian yeast we used in Acronym to ferment a strong pale ale hopped with Centennial, Amarillo, and Ahtanum, and dry-hopping it with whole-leaf Summits?"

"I love Lamp."

"Do you really love this beer, and are we really going to call it that, or are you just saying it because you’ve seen a certain hilarious movie about 70’s newsmen too many times?"

"I love Lamp... I love Lamp."

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
woodychevy (258) - - MAR 23, 2013
Had on draft at the brewery. Pours a light amber color- slighty hazy. decent retention on an off-white head. well balanced- brewed with a Belgian yeast- and has a decent hoppy finish. Holy city website says: a strong pale ale hopped with Centennial, Amarillo, and Ahtanum, and dry-hopping it with whole-leaf Summits. Not my favorite, perhaps a bit too belgian for my taste- same yeast as in the acronym black IPA but nothing bad seems to come from these guys. just varying degrees of really good.