overall

RATINGS: 463   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.46   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 7   EST. CALORIES: 252   ABV: 8.4%
There’s a place just south they call Frog’s Hollow, brewin’ pumpkin ale in Fall, and they only speak in whispers of the name. There’s a lady they say who has the secret, of spices picked just right. With a crying shout, she’ll knock it out, and hand you the Frog’s delight.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Scopey (9061) - Croydon, Greater London, ENGLAND - FEB 1, 2015
Bottle at the Cotteridge Convention thanks to The Wingman. It pours clear amber with a small white head. The nose is rich, bitter-sweet, pumpkin, clove rock, juicy pumpkin and spice. The taste is bitter-sweet, juicy, spice, pumpkin pie, some bitterness, gingerbread, earth, clove rock and light alcohol. Medium+ body and moderate carbonation. Well rounded bitter-sweet balance. Took me by surprise this one. Works for me!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
The_Osprey (3241) - Richmond, Greater London, ENGLAND - JAN 29, 2015
Bottle share at Cotteridge Wines. Hazy orange, small bubbly white head. Aroma is pumpkin, mint, nutmeg spice. Body is medium, soft carbonation, slightly foamy. Taste is light, soft toffee-ish malt, pumpkin. OK.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BlackHaddock (4929) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - JAN 27, 2015
24th Jan 2015: cheers Wingman for bringing this to the Cotteridge Wine ’happening’. Not too sure I am into pumpkins or their addition to beer. Anyway, this poured an orange hue with no head to talk of and had a sweet spicy pumpkin aroma and taste, just a bit weird for me. To be fair I have not majored on pumpkin beers so I’m far from experienced in their flavours, so this might be the best out there for all I know. Just not for me though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Garrold (2613) - Sheffield, South Yorkshire, ENGLAND - JAN 26, 2015
Bottle share. Cotteridge Beano. Hazy gold. Film of white head. Spicy. It’s a pumpkin beer... Fairly dry. Ok. Not my cup of tea.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
imdownthepub (11396) - Banbury, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - JAN 26, 2015
Bottled, sampled at The Cotteridge Convention, many thanks to WingmanWillis for this one. This was a burnished gold with white head, decent condition. Heavily spiced beer, once I had the cloves I struggled after that, reminiscent of Dentist mouthwash. The spicing continued over a sweet vegetal note. I think that I don’t really get Pumpkin Ales really.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
RichTheVillan (4496) - West Midlands, ENGLAND - JAN 25, 2015
Bottle at Cotteridge wine convention; hazy light amber with an off white head, spice aroma, taste has spice, vegetation, cloves, decent pumpkin.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
tommann (3004) - Dudley, West Midlands, ENGLAND - JAN 25, 2015
660ml bottle. Pours dark orange with a thin head. Aroma is clove, vanilla and orange. Taste has Christmas pudding, clove, orange and spice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Fin (8332) - Merton, Oxfordshire, England, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - JAN 24, 2015
Bottle at Cotteridge Tasting, Saturday 24th January 2015 A very decent pumpkin beer, orange/gold in colour. Spicy perhaps just a little too spicy at times, touch sweet, pumpkin really shows well here, wonderful, most enjoyable beer. A6 A4 T7 P4 Ov13 3.4

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
AndreasP (14) - DENMARK - JAN 10, 2015
A very spicy scent where I just first got winegum as an association, and then identified the cinnamon and cloves. The fairly flat brew is slight tingling in the mouth. Again, the taste gives me candy feeling. Basically there is caramel sweetness, complemented by baking spices and do I sense the weakest acid? I also sense some licorice. The alcohol is present, while only slight bitterness from the hops and no hoppy taste. The first time I tasted such a ’cake beer’ I thought it was ok; now I think that it might be a little too much of a good thing, especially if you have to drink all of the 650 ml yourself.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
PriorL (2776) - Gent, BELGIUM - DEC 31, 2014
Sample at semi-S&G tasting (since the music was shut down halfway through). APPEARANCE: clear blond beer, small unstable white head. NOSE: cinnemon, gingerbread. TASTE: cinnemon, gingerbread, just plain bad...