Four Horsemen Hoppy Brown
     click to upload

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 2.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.7   IBU: 88   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%

frank0830's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
frank0830 (60) - South Bend, Indiana, USA - NOV 30, 2012
Purchased draft/growler at the brewery. Poured in my imperial pint glass a rich dark complex color with a huge head, a little dark for a brown. Beautiful lacing throughout the entire pint. If this is 8% as I recall the board saying, this will sneak up on me. The ABV is very well hidden. No real big flavor but not uncommon for 4H. No great hop aroma but the hop character is noticeable. As it warms up, a little roasted malt, raisin and carmel comes through. Mouth feel is nothing to brag about. The bitterness at the finish doesnt go well with the profile. Would I buy it again...between this and the Irish Red, they are they great when I don’t feel like driving 1/2 hour one way to the other breweries for something super tasty. I would never purchase it on tap next to other beers at a local restaurant.