overall

RATINGS: 46   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.19   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -
Ale brewed with jalapeno and anaheim peppers.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Gamin (65) - - JAN 30, 2014
This beer is my favorite pepper beer of all of the ones I've had so far. It smells wonderfully fruity. Initial taste is fruity sweetness that transitions to a pleasant spiciness on the back of the throat. Wonderfully balanced for what it is.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Pastor (790) - Skowhegan, Maine, USA - JUN 14, 2009
Thanks to Israel for sending this along. My first Chile brew, cool. I poured it into my Sam Adams glass it produced a finger worth of white head that diapered fast and left no lace. The brew was a light orange in color with tons of bubbles coming up from the glass. The aroma was like smelling a bottle of hot peppers nice and fragrant. The flavor was an interesting pepper flavor with some sweetness to it as well. It has a nice light feel to it with enough carbonation for your tongue. A real interesting brew I finished the bomber. I think that was enough for one sitting, but I will look for one in the future

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
yobdoog (1888) - Woodridge NY, New York, USA - APR 27, 2009
Pours a nice golden yellow color with a fluffy white head. Aroma of sweet malts and jalapenos for sure. Taste is sweet with a hint of smoke and chili peppers a a hint of heat. Very balanced and well made beer. Would go great with a burrito or any mexican food no doubt. I paired it with a potato perogie with sweet caramelized onions. Sweet food spicey brew, great!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
nickd717 (3403) - San Francisco, California, USA - FEB 26, 2010
Bottle thanks to bring on BA. Barry knew I was bummed about missing the Palo Alto/Firehouse Chocopeno on tap and was kind enough to bring this as a consolation prize. From what I’ve heard about the Chocopeno, this is probably a much better beer than that was. Pours a clear copper color with a nicely formed, lacey white head. Great aroma: fresh jalapeno peppers and caramel malt, well-balanced. Excellent and balanced flavor, lots of pepper flavor as well as a little heat. I think adding the Anaheim peppers was a nice touch. Caramel and pale malt balance. Nothing overwhelms at all. Medium body with a spicy mouthfeel and medium-low carbonation. Pretty drinkable. A really great chile beer overall, even if the heat is not as intense as a hardcore heat guy like me would like.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
johnnnniee (2033) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 27, 2011
1/28/2010 I picked this up on a trip this past summer and somehow it got lost in my cellar until now. Pours a deep golden color with a huge fluffy white head that dissipates slowly to form a cap. Smells of green peppers, jalapeno’s and other assorted hot peppers. I can’t find anything malty or sweet beneath the overwhelming spicy pepper smell. Taste is filled with toffee and brown sugar up front. I found the malt! Caramel and pepper skins midway with a long lingering spicy heat on the finish. Mildly carbonated, medium body with a slick almost syrupy mouthfeel. This one isn’t half bad. The heat wasn’t overwhelming, I could see me enjoying these if I were closer to the brewery.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
j12601 (6585) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - MAY 4, 2009
Had this at TAP NY. Brewed with Jalapenos and Anaheims, this thing just shines. Pours an almost hazy golden amber with a bit of a white head. The nose is redolent with jalapeno heat and lots of fruit from the peppers, along with a touch of vanilla. Sweet, with a touch of heat, but nothing searing, and a lot of pepper fruitiness. Finishes with a little more heat, but again, nothing tongue killing. Had this not been recommended by a couple of other people who had been there on Saturday (I went on Sunday), I probably would have steered clear of this one. But I must admit, this was remarkably good for a chili beer. Really well balanced and with enough depth to make it a nice beer. Not sure if I’d be able to put away a whole bottle of it by myself, but the couple ounce sample I had was delicious.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DJMonarch (9158) - Northwich, Cheshire, ENGLAND - AUG 23, 2009
From the Jug at the GABF Colorado Convention Center, Denver 09/10/2008 Spicy aroma. Clear golden coloured smooth on the palate and hoppy wirh a crisp and slightly dry chilli finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
pete4999 (973) - Buffalo, New York, USA - OCT 12, 2010
Bottle. Pours orane with a white head. Was hazy at first, but cleared up after sitting in the glass for awhile. Smells just like pepper jelly, if you’re familiar. Somewhat fruity with peppery undertones. Pepper is much more apparent in the taste, although not overwhelming. Spicy enough, though. Some hop bite in the taste too, along with some almost nutty background taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
harrymel (1448) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 25, 2013
Thanks to Steelerx for this beer as an extra. Cheers Joe! Paired this with some white chili. A: Brass ale with little-no head formation. Coarse bubbles round the edge and stick around. Scant ribbons indicate carbonation. No lacing. S: Vegetal nose with lots of bell pepper, jalepeno, anaheims. They did a great job making this a chili beer without any off flavors. Great. T: Great light blonde ale with chili tones. Light grains and bread flavors are the backbone, but again only the canvas for the peppers. Lightly spicy, not burning, but at the far palate, oropharyngeal burn. M: Light bodied, medium carbonation. Dries the tongue. D: Fantastic for a chili beer. I would take this in volume to a summer BBQ. Very, very yummy. Serving type: bottle 02-22-2011

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jblauvs (1337) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 6, 2009
I got in line for this the minute I saw it at Ithaca Brewfest. Golden pour with a tiny head that is white. Aroma is spicy, jalapeno pepper, black pepper and some nice toasty malt and grassy hop undertones. Flavor is crisp and spicey, peppery and some hot pepper that tingles the taste buds. Pretty Great, If you get a chance, try it.