overall
Brewed by Hoyne Brewing
Style: Pilsener
Victoria, Canada

RATINGS: 25   MEAN: 3.17/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
On the third night, I handed my sweetie a tall slender Pilsner. Perfectly poured. While holding it up and gazing either at it, or through it at me, she said softly, “you are so fine to me.” It was hard to tell if she meant to be heard. “Ambiguity, thy Name is Woman”, I nearly uttered. Whether she was speaking to me, or to the beer, it was merely semantics. The deal was sealed. I would make it my life”s work to make fine beer.

Hops: Czech Saaz, Hallertau, Hersbrucker, German Spalter

Yeast: Hoyne Proprietary Lager Strain

Malts: Canadian Superior Pilsner, Munich, Vienna, Carapils

Specific Gravity: 1.050

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
fiulijn (13533) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - APR 6, 2014
Draught at St. Augustine’s, Vancouver
Hazy blond color with compact head. Nice aroma of hay and cereals. Dry buy soft mouthfeel; the malt flavor is quite crispy, with a good accent of hay and cereals, and a bready impression; correct bitterness with light grassy hops. Harmonious.
Fresh and satisfying. A good choice.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
daveddec (15) - - JAN 21, 2014
Pours straw gold with some head. Smells lightly of bread and grass. Very light and crisp taste, with subtle bitterness in the end. Possibly one of the cleanest tasting pilsners I’ve had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Alanthebeerguy (116) - - OCT 7, 2013
Nice pilsner. Very clean and smooth. Pours straw yellow, nice fluffy head. Light smell , grass, fresh hay. Nice carbonation, not overpowering. Mellow taste, grassy. Very slight bitterness at the end. Just clean and refreshing. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

kramer (4681) - Sunbury, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 27, 2013
Tap, brewery. Pours a clear pale yellow gold body with a nice tight bubbled fizzy white head. The nose is clean and bready with moderate fresh smelling noble hops. Extremely clean smelling and well lagered by what I can tell from the aroma. The flavor is spot on for my tastes. Great clean bready pils malt, perfect bright and snappy hops. Really nice Saaz flavor especially. Very clean finish. This was a great beer, one of the best beers I had on my day trip through Victoria. Right up there with my love for Prima, Pikeland, and Sunshine.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Druid (82) - Wamuran, AUSTRALIA - AUG 17, 2013
Very light aromas. Pours a light straw colour and is very light tasting. A vague palate and not one of the better pils on Vancouver Island.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
kbudd19 (391) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 31, 2013
650 ml bottle from Tony, thanks man. Poured into a flute glass, crisp and golden, with chunky floaters and frothy white head. Aroma is grass, and a mild hop presence. Taste is crisp, smooth and somewhat herbal. Very refreshing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Lagerboy (1066) - British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 11, 2013
Bomber. Clear bright golden yellow, big white rocky head settles leaving definitive stepped lacing. Muted malty grassy hop aroma. Fresh clean crisp pilsen malt taste, lightly bitter, some citrus and saaz. Average carbonation, light bodied, lightly hopped. Nice. LF (Lagerboy Friendly)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DuffMan (6146) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 4, 2013
Bottle, shared with my wife on our deck in the 38 degree Medicine Hat summer sun. From memory (I didn’t have my phone to take notes): clear medium golden colour, average white head. Clean pale malts with a slight husky quality, and lightly perfumey grassy hops. A satisfying, clean pilsener to my recollection.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
solidfunk (2992) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - MAY 5, 2013
Very good for a pilsener. Finishes nice and grainy. Getting towards a Kolsch even. Pours blond with good head. A little snappy, crispy bitterness with a nice dose of grain at the end. One of Hoyne’s best, at least for the style. On tap at brewery.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 11/20
Crit (3245) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - APR 18, 2013
Gold,lasting white head.Light spicy hop nose.Unclean profilethat I usally associate with dorty lines, but this is bottled. Spicy medium hop finish. Medium bodied