RATINGS: 105   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Huber beer has been brewed the same way for over a century. Huber is a clean-tasting, thirst-quenching beer, with a mild, malty aroma. It has a slightly mellow flavor, pleasant aftertaste, and is lightly hopped to do down smooth.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JAF737300 (1291) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 27, 2007
This was a huge question mark for me. I bought this out of respect for the historical aspect and it was quite good for the price. it was light and crisp, and had a good note of hops

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
CaptainCougar (7133) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - FEB 26, 2007
Pours a clear bright golden with a thin coating of wispy white head. Sweet pale malty aroma even has some light fruity notes along with a touch of Saaz hops. Body starts fairly dull, with a touch of sweetness and bitterness. Smooth, crsip finish adds to the drinkability of this otherwise, standard pale lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
frankenkitty (2007) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - JAN 18, 2007
A short, white head holds awhile over a ho-hum, mid-golden body. Mild, burnt, nutty notes are the aroma after some grassiness fades. Corn-syrupy flavor on top of a cereal base = Sugar Corn Pops. Sugars thicken what should be a much lighter mouthfeel.

<font size=-4>Single bottle from <a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Place/illinois/palati Worldwide Liquor, Palatine, IL 60067</font>

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
shigadeyo (3635) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 14, 2006
Sampled from tap on 11/11/2006 at the Joseph Huber Brewery in Monroe, Wisonsin... Golden color. Moderate carbonation with a foamy, white head. Aroma and flavor are light malt and a hint of hops. A very average American Lager beer (but much better than the other macro-brewed American lagers out there!). On a side note: I am glad that I was able to visit the Joseph Huber Brewing Company and take a tour of the facility. It is the second oldest brewery in America, but has recently been bought by a Canadian and will be renamed to Minhas Craft Brewery...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
hogan873 (451) - Joliet, Illinois, USA - OCT 28, 2006
Not a bad beer. Has the appearance and aroma of a typical lager. Medium palate and a decent taste. No aftertaste to speak of. An easy beer to drink...a thirst quencher.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
TheBeerOrg (2145) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - SEP 3, 2006
Pours dark golden and slightly effervescent with a fully receding white head. Aroma of sweet malt, sugar, and bread dough. Taste is sweet maltiness with bread dough. Mouthfeel is medium bodied and with soft carbonation.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
TerryR (391) - Oswego, Illinois, USA - JUL 21, 2006
Light golden color with a nice white head. Very slight malt aroma. Flavor is grainy with a decent amount of corn. Nice lacing. Smooth finish. For the price a pretty decent beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 20/20
bigtasty (23) - USA - MAY 7, 2006
My heart hurts when I see this label. It reminds me of the time when I could go to my neighborhood liquor store and buy my beer in returnable bottles. The returnable bottles drove the cost of the beer down to absurd lows, I was paying 10 bucks for 24 in 2001! Now itís all changed. Huber is hard to find and may come in a disposable bottle or can. Huber products used to be inexpensive, delicious, and worth the investment. Now that itís all gone I feel as if Iíve lost a true friend. A beer pardner.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
vomit (247) - Michigan, USA - FEB 14, 2006
Not great. Not bad. If I had a Blatz, and a Huber I would drink the Blatz, and throw the Huber at my next door neighbor. OK, so I would actually drink the Huber. But only after several Blatz. Its OK. Nothing to have a conniption over. I only had this stuff once, so I may not be the best judge of its character. So-once again- I say stick with the Blatz!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Tmoney99 (13615) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - DEC 21, 2005
Bottle from Party Source in North Kentucky. Straw color with a small white head that diminished quicky. Light aroma. Light to medium body with a thin texture. Light grainy flavor with a short finish. Worth drinking once.