overall

RATINGS: 16   MEAN: 2.99/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Hudepohl (pronounced "Hew-da-pole") 14-K is a Cincinnati classic. This golden American lager beer, named after founder Ludwig Hudepohl II who founded the brewery in 1885, is medium-bodied and more flavorful than the national brands. Available in Cincinnati/Dayton corridor and Northern Kentucky only in kegs.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
bluejacket74 (1327) - Reynoldsburg, Ohio, USA - MAY 17, 2013
12 ounce bottle. Served in a pint glass, the beer pours a clear dark gold color with a small off-white head. The head didnít stick around for long, and there isnít much lacing. It smells mostly like grainy/bready malt, along with a bit of a vegetal aroma. The taste is pretty much the same as the aroma, itís mostly grainy/sweet malt and not much else. Not bad, but not really good either. Mouthfeel/body is light, itís thin and watery but is also easy to drink. Iíve had worse, I really wasnít expecting much when I bought a single of this for 99 cents. Nice to try, but I wouldnít buy it again.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
Bigmmartin (603) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - JUL 13, 2008
1988 Bengals Collectors Can. Given to me by 1_2many after finding a few that had been sitting in his family’s fridge for 20 years. My can had survived a bit more successfully than the one he first drank. Actually had some decent carbonation and with a thin white head that tried it’s best to stick around. Has absolutely no aroma, or taste for that matter. I can’t even say it had much in the way as negative flavors, because it really had none at all. It only scores a "2" for aroma and flavor due to it’s actual lack thereof. It was fun to at least try it....I think.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 20/20
12many (277) - Alaska, USA - JUL 5, 2008
UPDATED: JUL 12, 2008 1988 collectors can just opened twenty years later to celebrate my 100th rating! My dad has had three of these tucked back in his refrigerator for twenty years! I canít believe Iím about to drink this it looks aweful. Clear golden yellow. This has a ridiculous amount of carbonation and the head disappeared in literally two seconds leaving nothing at all except for a few lonely bubbles around the edge. Pouring this is like pouring a Pepsi or Coke. The aroma is surprising however in that it doesnít smell entirely of rotten corn or rice. It actually has some toffee malt aroma. The hops are gone... completely...I stopped trying to smell the hops ten minutes ago. The flavor is sweet with almost zero bitterness. This beer is very light with a thin oily texture to it and a lot of carbonation. I will not finish this just because it kind of scares me. The beer didnít go bad really but it probably wasnít good in the first place and definitely wasnít made to age for twenty years. Twenty year old Hudepohl 14-K Premium special collectorís edition. This can has the 1988 Cincinnati Bengals schedule on the back. I canít believe I just tried this. Oh man...I just poured out the remaining contents of the can and the sediment ring on the bottom just broke up and came out...oh thatís horrible. I think Iíll go throw up those few sips now. Well I went back and opened another can with Bigmmartin and this one was a lot better but not by much. Carbonation was better and the head actually stayed around for a little bit. Same aroma and bland flavor but the appearance improved quite a bit. That’s about all I can say about it. Still don’t know what possessed me to drink this.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
papajohn (1249) - San Diego (Mira Mesa), California, USA - MAY 27, 2007
Itís so sad to see this one retired. This was my high school beer. $1.10 for a gallon jug at the brickyard lake tavern (in the í 60ís). One of the several Cincinnati local beers that have been bought out and closed by the Macros. Crisp, clean and light on the palate. A nice session lager.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
ELDERPURPLE (11) - USA - NOV 20, 2006
very smooth, ballpark beer. not sweet but not bitter. classical beer taste. Looks healthy and full from what i can remember.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
boblawson (2) - cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 27, 2004 does not count
hudepohl has to be one of the worst tasting beers, and iíve drank plenty of beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mec3437 (54) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 11, 2004
This is just one notch below Hudy Delight. I had this once after a softball game. It was on tap, and I was surprised. It was a very smooth, crisp beer. No bad aftertaste, just a very good beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
punklawyer (100) - USA - FEB 13, 2004
Its not as good as its Hudepohl counterpart, Hudy Delight, but it is still very drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dobbs (16) - Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, USA - FEB 2, 2004
Not my typical style, but looking for something different to introduce to my macro-consuming friends. Had some on draft at the brew tour in Frederick. Quite refreshing, which would be good if it weren't 20 degrees outside with more snow on the way. A good quality lager, not too dry, not too bitter, just a solid mouthfeel and no watered-down taste. I bet it's great with hotdogs and burgers in the stadium parking lot.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
ocduff (7) - USA - JAN 26, 2004 does not count
From a "Collectors" 1989 Bengals Superbowl Can. Found it in a paper bag with some old baseball cards in the basement. Poured pale green (cool!), not a full 12 oz. Some thick sand colored goo came out last, must have been the yeast. Flat, aroma of aluminum, stale water. Flavor was suprisingly non descript, with a mild hint of oil and rubber. Not bad, not good, pretty standard aged american lager. I was waiting until the Bengals went to the Bowl again, but I figured I'd give it a shot while I was still young. Collectible my @$$.