overall

RATINGS: 286   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.37   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
Brewed for a distinctive bold taste.

* Also comes in a 12% a.b.v. version.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Brouwerij (942) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - NOV 4, 2013
Category 5, 25 oz can. Pours clear straw with quickly settling white head. Aroma is corn, candy, and sugar. Flavor is very sweet, corn, cereal, grain, metal. Mild alcohol. Soft carbonation, light body, and watery texture. Mildly warming finish. Sugary, chemical soup. Quite unpleasant, even for malt liquor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Homer321 (2134) - Rock Ridge, Florida, USA - OCT 17, 2013
Can. Tall boy. Courtesy of drewface. Smells cold. Drank from the can. Smooth malt start. Full mouthfeel, no bitterness. Sweet finish. No sense of alcohol or adjuncts. Not offensive at all. Good stuff. ---Rated via intercellular device

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
kdm1984 (707) - Missouri, USA - OCT 14, 2013
I was rolliní through the streets, forgetting it was Columbus Day and that the post office was closed. Not wanting to waste gas, I hit up a gas station. Nothing good for the homegirl there. I move on to the next one. YES! Pabst Blue Ribbon! I ponder deeply getting a six-pack. But no, I eye a $2 malt liquor calling my name instead. I present it to an old man cashier, who asks my date of birth. I go to present my ID, but he says, "I trust you arenít telling a story." Cool story, bro. I excitedly drive home for the rain, anticipating what this quality malt liquor might be like. I have not had this revered style since Mickeyís back in 2009 or so when I was watching a UFC event and probably donít really remember what it truly tasted like anyway. Finally, I get home, and I type up this big post, stare at the can for a little bit, and the finally muster up the courage to bust it open. I take a whiff. Instead of smelling skunk gasoline, I smell...lager. And booze water. WTF? They call this crap a hurricane? I sniff again. Wussy lager aroma. *sigh* I take a sip. WTF? This is kind of smooth. This is 8% ABV? It tastes like fricking water. Well, with elevated booze, anyway, that becomes more apparent with more sips. Still - where is all the corn and the gasoline and skunk derriere? I expected something so much more epic. Instead, I get a lager that isnít half-bad were it not for the booze choking with more and more sips. I wonder how many people have passed out on this without realizing it was a high ABV beer. Dang. Homegirl was let down. This isnít a hurricane; itís a slow-killing ninja quietly lurking in the shadows. Donít see it until it hits you.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
DrewFace (889) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - OCT 5, 2013
Drank from the can. Category 5, assuming a label change. Clear pale yellow-straw color. Aroma is very faint, less corn adjunct smell than your typical likka. Flavor is the same, very mild. Sweet malt and corn flavor. Some of the 8.1% boost comes through but masked well. Overall, a decent likka.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Fratto (2654) - Arlington, Texas, USA - SEP 21, 2013
Can from a gas station. Light pour with a large white head. Aroma is in a fifth category of ripe. Taste is rancid or something unpleasant. Be bold. Be smooth. Be powerful. Category 5.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
cwsample (163) - Texas, USA - SEP 21, 2013
Can from Fratto. Pours with a very frothy head, but didn't take long to come down. Tastes bad. Not for me.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Cavie (3844) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - SEP 21, 2013
Can courtesy Fratto. Pours a super clear golden color with a huge frothy head. Aroma is dusty, metal, grains. Flavor is harsh, metal, grains, phenol alcohol. Yikes, I'm about to blow a Category 5!!!! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
mikesaum (596) - Newark, Ohio, USA - SEP 21, 2013
From the tall boy, so i canít comment on appearance, aroma is corn and weird fruity notes, doesnít smell horrible. Taste is grainy, some corn, light rotten apple, kinda gross. Its better than magnum.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
Palidor19 (2998) - Brandon, Florida, USA - SEP 6, 2013
Though it pours nice and looks decent, it focus too much on strength and not content, high malt with corn alcohol and no hoppy taste ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
TheHOFF43 (1759) - Robbinsdale, Minnesota, USA - AUG 30, 2013
Bottle. Pours a pale gold, nice boost from the 40oz. Somewhat grainy, grassy and a bit stale. Served cold and its drinkable.