overall

RATINGS: 296   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.38/5   EST. CALORIES: 243   ABV: 8.1%
Brewed for a distinctive bold taste.

* Also comes in a 12% a.b.v. version.

11026 (1772) - Alabama, USA - AUG 11, 2005
Can. Lovely clear yellow, rocky white head forms and dies a slow, twisted death, probably from the stink rising off this beast. This truly is bad. Do people at big breweries try to find the most offensive castoff parts and crap, brew a "beer" with it and see if people will actually drink it?? Aroma is stinky, flavor is bland yet suprisingly harsh. When I get tired of fair to mediocre microbrewer offerings I will drink this to realize just where the bottom is.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
Ernest (7214) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - SEP 4, 2005
Head is initially average sized, frothy, white, mostly diminishing. Body is clear medium yellow. Aroma is moderately malty (grain), trace hops (herbs), with notes of plastic/rubber, DMS, fusel alcohol, apple. Flavor is moderately sweet, lightly bitter. Finish is moderately sweet, lightly acidic, moderately bitter, husky, unclean. Medium body, watery texture, lively/fizzy carbonation, moderately alcoholic. Yow, this is some foul foul stuff. Disgusting chemical-and-fuel spill aroma, with a similarly dirty aftertaste that makes me wonder how people can actually choke it down. I mean, really, honestly...how can anyone actually consume this? This was one of the most painful reviews Iíve done in a long time. This doesnít even smell safe to drink.

SudsMcDuff (7803) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - OCT 16, 2005
this was gastly, like a kick in the balls as a chaser after a shot of everclear! this is harsh and i cringed on the first 5 sips..this was meaner than kicking down a blind man and stealing his cane just 4 the jollies, yes...me not likes at all...save yourself the misery and the buck and play the lotto instead!

DZ (5) - Whoville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 12, 2005 does not count
Like I said, I donít mind Steel Reserve (@6% alc/vol) I never had the 8%. Anyway, I canít drink this crap. Poured it out after a sip. Iíve tried two cheap malt liquors since they removed the 6% cap on the beer in NC. Iím going strictly craft/micro from now on. Bring on the La Trappeís Triple!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Zeswaft (1614) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 15, 2005
what the hell is this thing? it looks like a gatorade sent by the devil. itís graphics are so trite it looks like a lorentz length expanded program from a Buffalo Bills football game. i have to give props to busch for making a beer that isnít 4% alcohol, 95% piss, .5% poison, and .5% water. not even the sweet sensations of this steely dan song can distract me from its awful taste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - DEC 29, 2005
I found this stuff at a gas station and bought a tall boy so I could rate it. Holy crap, you could strip the chrome off of a bumper with this sludge. Nasty corn taste with sickening aroma. Stay away from this crap. Regular hurricane is much better than this and thats not saying much.

cAPSLOCK (156) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 2, 2006
At first I was surprised when I saw this beer was something other than the straw colored crap that would be in tall boys on the shelf nearby. But in the end it just looked sort of dirty or muddy. This impression of the color may have come from the taste which is also kind of dirty and muddy. Tastes like cheap malt liquer.. well it IS cheap maly liquer. If I was going to rate it according to its category ONLY then it might get a 2. There are many worse in this realm.

It smells sweetish and cardboard-y, has a decent head (soap? ;) and it laces and kind of lasts. Very thin in the mouth. Gainy, metallic, alchoholish in a bad way - still sweet though. Dirty taste, Dirty finish... AVOID

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 20, 2006
Oh this is just horrible. It really does smell like a garbage disposal and rotting fruit.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
SDalkoholic (2318) - Linda Vista, California, USA - AUG 8, 2006
Oh wow what else can i say but this shouldnt be listed as a beer. Horrible stuff that gave me a splitting headache the next day on my only day off. I will be more careful next time with energy drinks with alcohol.

Kevin (2191) - New Mexico, USA - AUG 30, 2006
so i cracked this can which was a gift from lumpy the festivus troll when scrubs was coming on at 8. poured it into my duvel tulip, and looked at the current lineup and writing for a show i like. hmmm, not much zach braff here, the chick that plays elliot has a nice trashy look working, and damn the made turk a pussy. but speaking of trashy, this beer sucks. iíd go into details about how anemic the body is, how it looks like leper piss, and smells of a vomitorium from the roman days, but the point i want to make is how long it took me to almost drink this. i cracked the abomination unto juan valdez ae 8, it was 10:30 beofre i finally poured the last rancid bits out. and this from a guy that once floated a keg of lone star light, i also once drank a 24 bottle case of jw lees nut brown ale in 52 minutes, sure i won 30 bucks on that, but the point is it takes an especially heinous beer to make me slow down and think about what the fuck iím doing to my body. the only thing that saved me was cbís cookies, unfortunately i had to give half of them to my nephew. all i know is this was a sour metallic, adjunct laden, rotten pear of a nightmare of a beer. and lumpy will pay for making me drink it.