overall

RATINGS: 923   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.54   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Icehouse, the first domestically brewed ice beer, allows ice to form during the brewing process creating a bold, hoppy beer with no watered-down taste.

beerwolf77's rating

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
beerwolf77 (42) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 28, 2009
I used to pound the living daylights outta these in my younger days so for nostalgias sake I’ve decide to sample one for a review. After cracking a can and pouring into a pint glass I get an eyefull of this golden nectar. Smells of corn/malt. Taste is sweet with a decent bite. The mouthfeel is very basic beer standard. Goes in goes down. Nothing to get upset over. Overall it was a standard for my roomate in college so I crushed my fair share. I can still see havin a few now. There’s worse beer out there.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
dekester1 (323) - Neenah, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 20, 2014
Poured a slightly dark gold with a moderate head and lacing. Aroma of malts and grains. Taste is of malts, grain and an off moderate hop finish. My initial thought was that it tasted similar to Red Dog. Palate was decent. Overall, an alright iced pale lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
UDBeernut (1822) - Moving to Jax, Florida, USA - OCT 21, 2014
An now for the lager tick of the night, right out of can in my hotel watching some college football game. Nose is puke and wet grains. Taste is light nothing, some water, light sweetness, tin, metal. Light body, watery.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
slowrunner77 (6031) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 18, 2014
"or swill, this is one of the easiest to drink". Spot on...sorry there’s not more to add, but there’s not exactly a lot going on here."

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
wedgie9 (2029) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 12, 2014
Tasted on 10/11/14 from a 25oz can purchased at a gas station. Pours clear golden with an average white head that slowly recedes to average lace. The nose is sweet and corny with a bit more grassy green hops than most beers of this ilk. The flavor is pretty crisp, with the same grassy hops, and a bit of sweet corny malt. The body is light with lively, fizzy carbonation, and a short corny and lightly grassy finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
labattslover74 (55) - Florida, USA - SEP 19, 2014
I remember when ice beer was the new big thing in the early 90s. every beer I got, I had to get "ice beer". As a connoisseur of beers now I rarely drink an ice beer, but this one is priced low like Bush or Miller High life so it finds it’s way into the fridge now and then. Not much to say about taste and appearance, but I will say this is probably one of the better ice beers. Quarters anyone?

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
ordybill (101) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - SEP 9, 2014
Poured from a 22OZ bottle into a beer mug Aroma- A rather lacking beer in this department, I did notice some malt and maybe corn. Appearance- A light golden color (common for this style of brew) generated a large white head. Taste- s slightly bitter flavor with a corn follow up. this beer is lightly carbonated. Palate- A light bodied beer that was surprising for the alcohol content, the carbonation was noticeable in a non-annoying way. Overall I call these type of brews "gas station beers" they are very predominant in larger sized bottles at the local gas station and are cheaply priced. For the cost you are not getting a terrible beer. I wouldn’t turn one down, but if I was looking for a cold beer at the gas station this would not be my first choice.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Darkmagus82 (1785) - - AUG 24, 2014
Transfer from BA review on 1-21-13- Poured from can into a pint glass Appearance –Pours a medium golden color with tons of small bubbles rushing up through the body of the brew. There is a big white head on the top which fades very fast to leave a moderate level of lacing. Smell – The nose is very light overall and consists of some corn and a light papery smell. Taste – Upfront he taste is on the slightly drier side with flavors of corn and rice up front. As the taste advances some light hop bitterness comes to the tongue. This is accompanied by a very light metallic taste, but one that is very light and not overpowering or very off putting. Overall the taste was much better then what I anticipated. Mouthfeel –The body of the beer is on the thinner side in terms of its creaminess with a carbonation level that is on the medium to slightly higher side. Both are quite appropriate for the style and make it easier drinking. Overall – While there are much better brews out there, Icehouse is better then I was expecting. Not really offensive and rather easy drinking with an even little bit of bitter hop working its way into the taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
devman171 (1022) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - AUG 6, 2014
40oz shatterproof bottle pours cold and highly carbonated down my throat. No need to smell this one, taste is sweet corn, great value

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
alexsdad06 (5819) - Ohio, USA - JUN 14, 2014
Can from backlog notes 07/08 that I wasn’t going to ever enter, but tickers... Pours a clear pale yellow color with a medium sized white head. The aroma and flavor have sweet grainy malt, corn, skunk, grass. I didn’t touch this when I was in college so why did I now? Yes this is essentially the same rating as the Busch, but it is the same crap so...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
TXBadger (1488) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 5, 2014
Pours a clear golden color with white head. Some grain flavor and a bit of hops to it, nothing special though.