overall

RATINGS: 68   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.61   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Flavored with rosehips and honey. Further info can be found at www.honeyamberrose.com.

crazyvin's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
crazyvin (1906) - New York, USA - AUG 12, 2013
A medium amber body. Not much of a head, but it did have some lacing to it. Aroma had a mild toasted malt note and some sweetness to it. There was a mild tart aroma. Flavor seemed balanced. Could not get a real sense of the malts, they seemed slightly toasted. There was some sweetness to it. Just enough to taste it, but mild enough to complement the light malts. There was a tart after taste which I am assuming is the rose hips. Although the mouth feel was light, the carbonation seemed appropriate.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
jbruner (2159) - Athens, Georgia, USA - AUG 5, 2013
BOTM club. Pours a slightly hazy orange brown from the bottle with thin ring of off-white lacy head. Aroma of light bready grain and sweet malt. Rate is even more mellow than the nose. Meh.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
kirk36 (112) - Peabody, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 30, 2013
Beer diva? More like beer as usual. Kinda boring. I didn't find rose hips. Btw, do roses have hips? In my cheek I sensed an herb. Honey sweet forward and somersault on my tongue. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Jrwhitney6 (276) - - JUL 30, 2013
Pours a honey color with no head and leaves little lacing while drinking. Faint nose of some honey, but not much. Taste has some ginger and sweet malt taste to it. Very, very simple. Refreshing for a hot summer night, if not the most interesting of beers. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
WooPigBrewey (46) - North Little Rock, Arkansas, USA - JUL 28, 2013
Not a huge aroma, but it does smell like flowers a bit. Plenty of floral taste but overall the flavor isn’t big but has notes of honey. Thrist-quenching... light.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
monk191 (801) - California, USA - MAR 19, 2013
A refreshing yet boring beer. Pours a very nice clear golden amber. Not much smell, a little sweet honey, taste is honey, very malty and crisp, but has that empty taste. Ends sweet. Good for a summer day, but ultimately not too interesting. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
otakuden (1783) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - MAR 29, 2010
I have a special soft spot for the era of the roaring 20s and, to a certain degree, the era of corruption, decadence, and inhibition that flourished during and after Prohibition before paranoia, ignorance, and greed gave reason and common sense the boot. In regards to what? Fashion, music, spirits, and beer...to name a few. I could probably name more, but then I wouldn’t be able to indulge my very selfish praise for the beer, Honey Amber Rose. The name doesn’t necessarily induce oohs and aahs of anticipation, but the gorgeous picture of a Spanish Senorita dressed in her finest crimson regalia, clutching a rose of similar design induces an inescapable episode of fantasia and nostalgia. On a totally separate note, it brings to mind the quintessential artistic movie short Magnetic Rose by Mamoru Oshi, but again, I am getting side-tracked. When offered a chance to finally taste this beer, I jumped on it like nori on rice.

A haze of oranges and nectarines settles comfortably into my glass while a thin head settles into a humble film for the duration of our time spent. I’ve been accused of being a tease, but what can a humble gal do when graced by the presence of such bewitching beauty. Gentle winds of honey&comb sooth while maple and caramel glitter in the forefront. Gentle orange esters receive a playful sprinkling of cinnamon while butter rolls and biscuits are laid out to cool. A fresh rain shower has come and gone again, leaving damp straw and grass in its wake, dew glistening in the smiling summer sun. Despite not having even supped on her orange nectar yet, I am grinning quite silly from ear to ear. My first kiss is light, sweet, and oh-so-delicate. A lady of the finest standing, if I do say so myself. Honey kisses and coats my lips with delicate precision while freshly sliced oranges and peaches are laid out before me. Cinnamon toast is slathered with homemade marmalade while blooming roses drift by upon a gentle summer breeze. Closing my eyes, I am transported back in time to a gorgeous estate where I and a few of my near and dear friends enjoy a cool Honey Amber Rose in our balcony overlooking a seemingly endless garden in full bloom. The bounty? Roses of course. As I sup further, warm butter rolls and buttery biscuits satisfy the bread lover in me and melt perfectly into the continuous current of fresh oranges, peaches, marmalade and gentle rose essence. A clean finish with a soft lingering kiss of honey. Smooth, gentle, sophisticated and utterly desirable, she delighted in every way I ever could have imagined possible, and then some.

The Honey Amber Rose is neither big nor imperial nor barrel-aged nor hopped to high-heaven. What Honey Amber Rose exudes is an elusive era of romanticized sophistication, art, music, and gentile circumstance. She may be sepia colored self-indulgence, but that is fine and dandy with me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
jkwalking05 (3639) - Arlington, Texas, USA - NOV 6, 2009
Bottle thanks to cavie. Cloudy amber in color with a small off-white head. Aroma is of grain and honey. Taste is floral and grain.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
angrypirate06 (1387) - Texas, USA - SEP 27, 2009
Bottle thanks to cavie. Hazy golden orange brown pour. Aroma is heavy malts, some floral hops. Flavor is malty, light flowers, watery.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
travita (3856) - Frisco, Texas, USA - SEP 22, 2009
Bottle thanks to Cavie. The smell is grains, malts, sort of messy, flowers. The look is golden, clear, and a small whtie head. The taste is ok, malts, watery. Blah.