overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Monterrey/Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

RATINGS: 170   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.37   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
A Lager-type beer with an amber hue and a distinctive light caramel-malt taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
Perm (151) - Tryon, North Carolina, USA - FEB 17, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 19, 2008 Considering that a Google search for ¨Mexican Craft Beer¨ yields a dire paucity of results, I was all geared up for a week of Dos Equis and Negra Modelo. Our hotel bar had three varieties on offer: Sol, Bohemia, and Indio. I knew well enough to stay away from Sol; doing little more than flipping a mental coin I went for the Indio and was more than pleasantly surprised. It´s an almost (almost) alelike darkish lager, smooth and caramelly and malty with a hint of something that reminds me ever-so-slightly of Leffe. I think I´ve found a winner for the week.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
dwyerpg (4643) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 9, 2008
This score is based on a warm beer in the Mexican airport. A brown beer with little aroma. The flavor isn’t bad. Mild, it has a nice almost brown ale flavor.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Peluzita (1) - MEXICO - NOV 28, 2007 does not count
Simply my favorite beer !! Just excellent !! I love its flavor and aroma...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
GlenVargas (141) - Missouri, USA - OCT 2, 2007
I’ve been meaning to rate Indio for a long time now, but I keep getting so drunk on it that I forget. My last encounter was at the after-party for a Juarez quince on 16 de Septiembre, and, true to form, I got drunk and forgot about it until now. Anyways, this is probably one of my favorite beers, and not just for sentimental reasons; Indio is, by far, the tastiest Mexican pale lager. It’s not only more flavorful than Corona-types, but darker, heavier bodied and without the nasty grassy, corn tastes. Unfortunately, I can usually only find Indio in Mexico.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
joverton85 (80) - Burnsville, Minnesota, USA - SEP 10, 2007
not the best in taste buts its cheap and popular with my uncles while getting drunk in the mountains of monterrey. drinnk in the company of fun and loud mexicans and you’ll understand. simple dark lager close to a negra.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
xnoxhatex (1305) - Grand Rapids/Chicago, Michigan, USA - JUN 25, 2007
12 oz. bottle in mexico, one of the few pale mexican lagers that are so popular during cinco de mayo and mexican independence day amongst frat boys that I have not seen in America. Maybe it’s because it’s not in a green bottle... Anyways, Brown-red color with pale head. Fruity aroma reminiscent of an ale. Flavor has that lager bite, but very fruity at the same time with some orange as well. Thin body with little carb. Not bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
edsterling0 (3) - Culiacan, MEXICO - JUN 12, 2007 does not count
Best dark beer in Mexico, forbidden in some states because can put you violent that were it gets it s name, mexican INDIANS were brave and reckless...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
riversideAK (5626) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - JUN 4, 2007
Had this in Cabo San Lucas. I was extremely drunk. It cost a dollar. I had to drink it out of the bottle because I was wandering around downtown. It was pleasant, mildly sweet, somewhat crisp. Reminded me a little of Negra Modello.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Mart (211) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - MAR 29, 2007
Bouteille. Puerto Vallarta 25/03/07, sur la Malécon. Bonne bière mexicaine, et à mon goût elle est un peu meilleure que la Negra Modelo. Bien équilibrée. Arôme faible de malt et houblons. Couleur ambrée avec mince mousse qui ne reste pas. Goût caramélisé, effervescence moyenne-forte, corps moyen, avec finale en douce amertume.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
HopasaurusRex (195) - Glen Ellyn, Illinois, USA - MAR 25, 2007
A little lighter than Nego Modelo, but I had to pick up a bottle since I’d never heard of it before. Nothing remarkable, but a decent mex beer.