overall
Brewed by FEMSA - Cuauhtémoc-Moctezuma (Heineken)
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Monterrey/Veracruz-Llave, Mexico

RATINGS: 165   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.37   EST. CALORIES: 123   ABV: 4.1%
A Lager-type beer with an amber hue and a distinctive light caramel-malt taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
fiulijn (14740) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 29, 2006
Amber color with big head. Light malt aroma. Very weak mouthfeel, with light caramel and watery finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
AmazonMatt (285) - PANAMA - NOV 14, 2006
I think that this was my favorite macro-Mexican. And the beer that without a doubt makes the best michelada. To do that, add about 2 inches of lime juice to the bottom of your glass. Salt the glass rim, add beer. Served that way, you can drink a couple and this beer gets oer a 3.0 Without the michelada, it deserves a 2.3. We had this one in Veracruz, Mexico.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
badgerben (4404) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - NOV 8, 2006
Deep copper color with a medium head. That’s pretty dark for a pale lager... Slightly sweet aroma like honey or maple syrup, but it fades immediately. Completely dead taste. It looks darker than water and feels a bit thicker, but otherwise, I might as well be drinking water.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
gnoff (7858) - Mölndal, SWEDEN - MAR 29, 2006
UPDATED: FEB 5, 2014 First rating
Bottle in Monterrey, Mexico, September 2005.
Amber towards brown color, white head. Served ice cold but also nice when warming up a bit. Hoppy scent and taste, one of the better Mexican beers I’ve tried.
6/3/6/3/13=3.1

Rerate
Bottle from Señor Frogs, Costa Maya, Mexico. End of January 2014.
Amber color, white head. More malty scent and taste than I remembered it to be. Medium mouthfeel, medium low bitterness. Still plenty of more character than many other generic lagers I’ve had from Mexico, but not as outstanding towards other beers than I remembered it to be. Leaving the older rating scores though, close enough.
6/3/6/3/13=3.1

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
derteufel (5) - MEXICO - MAR 16, 2006 does not count
Great beer, has a nice strong flavor, great aroma, nice color... the colder, the better.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
fly (1417) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - DEC 8, 2005
Extremely low expectations despite an old girlfriend saying this was good. Solid, much more in coloration and bittering than I would have thought also. Not that it’s going to blow anyone away, but I could easily see enjoying many of these if I were to be vacating in Mexico. Thanks to my current girlfriend snagging this for me without my even asking.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
frink (467) - coquitlam, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 20, 2005
Pours a light amber with a thin off white head. Mild caramel aroma and not much else. The taste was only slightly better than the Sol I drank all week, but at least it was a change of pace.

paulsutter (8) - Tennessee, USA - JUN 24, 2005 does not count
This is my favorite Mexican beer(closely followed by Negra Modelo). It reminds me a lot of Newcastle Brown Ale and thought the description here says it’s a Pale Lager, it reminds me much more of a Marzen (Octoberfest type) beer. It has a nice head that leaves a significant lace on the glass - has a malt, cereal, caramel and balanced sweet taste. The color is dark copper and clear. It has a medium body, lightly creamy texture, medium alcohol content, and moderately long finish. Maybe a bit too carbonated.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Terminus (3249) - Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA - JUN 13, 2005
bottle-again, im giving this beer a rating based on my experience, not the actuall beer. My date said that this beer was pretty popular in Mexico, so i decided to give it a try since i have never herd of it before. I sampled this right after carta blanca and its definately a better beer. Good malt base with a touch of spicy hops in there. Well, i must admitt, my date is stunningly hot so i would be drinking this beer and not even paying attention to it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
PeterA (340) - SLOVAK REPUBLIC - JAN 25, 2005
Sweet, malty nose. Caramel color, with a decent beige head that leaves some lacing on the glass. The flavor is on the sweet side, but the malts are more complex than one would expect. The mouth feel is light, with a slightly bitter, short lived aftertaste. I was surprised by this beer.