Invercargill Hop Chopper

click to upload

Brewed by Invercargill Brewery
Style: American Pale Ale
Invercargill, New Zealand

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.35/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.65   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Jimthechap (1685) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - DEC 10, 2013
I asked what this beer was like prior to it being served to me and my lovely, efficient and knowledgeable barmaid was struggling to describe this beer without maligning it. She gave up halfway through attempting her description and I put her out of her misery by ordering a pint. Mahogany colour and an overt nose of caramalt. The flavour was dominated by the stuff as well and there was a useful bitterness as well. Iím not a fan as yet: just overwhelmed by caramalt and I was reaching for my insulin. Seriously off-balance and in dire need of tweaking.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
lisagirl (264) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - AUG 6, 2013
surprised i couldnít find this on here, been around for a while apparently...anyway, it has a rather muted flavour profile which doesnít work well with the rather strong bitterness. way too unbalanced. itís okay but not really the best thing out there.