Ipswich Five Mile Corn Bock
     click to upload

Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 3.36/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
We harvested Marini Farms’ famous corn maze to create this strong smooth bock. Tipping our cup to pre-Prohibition lagers, our American-style bock is rich in Massachusetts-grown barley and subtle spicy hops. Get lost in this truly local libation. Scarecrow not included.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
AirForceHops (2979) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 12, 2013
Paid $5.45 for a 22 oz. bottle at Downtown Wine & Spirits. I used a mug. Amber color with hazy clarity. Thick head retention until the last drop. Lots of malty components, bread, toast, corn and wheat yeast flavor. It’s a bit unbalanced due to the high level of sweetness. And I had to glance at other ratings and I now realize this is an old bottle. It really needs a hop character to help with balance. And for all I know it could have been their when it was fresh. I guess I need to educate myself better when going to a new store. Buying old, low ABV bottles is really starting to get me pissed!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Beerathon (1108) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 20, 2012
Golden with a huge white fluffy head the remained throughout. Smell- corn, duh! I definitely get the spicy hops, it counterbalances the malts well. An interesting beer and okay overall.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
auerbrau (3154) - Peace Dale, Rhode Island, USA - JUL 22, 2012
On tap at Sunset Grill - Allston, MA. Aroma is sweet and with a little bit of bubblegum. The slight edge of toasty malt runs up against and clashes with the sweetness of the corn. It’s a little bit like raw sweet corn juice and it’s just too sweet overall. There’s no balance. Hints of bubblegum and agave syrup muck up the flavor profile. I was excited about this, but found it soggy, soft, and too sweet.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
idedek (157) - USA - JUN 11, 2012
nice light hay cereal aroma. Beautiful might medium body with a light caramel notes. Amazing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
thornecb (4311) - Marblehead, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 5, 2012
Pours deep gold into a Sam glass. White head with medium retention recedes leaving spot lacing. Biscuit and bread aromas. Spicy pepper front to back with a lasting caramel finish middle and a lasting bitter finish.