overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 243   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.19   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
A medium-bodied, unfiltered, English-style pale ale with subtle hoppiness and a smooth malty flavor that has made it our flagship product.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - MAY 28, 2002
Wow. Quite disparate aroma and flavor marks! Beautiful cookie-dough aroma; defines the term IMO. Hops infused throughout, not just at the finale, of the grapefruit-rind variety so widely used (Great Lakes burning river, for one). Quite good balance. Yeah, some will call it boring, but this is a wonderful English-style pale ale in my book.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
legion242 (2250) - Richardson, Texas, USA - MAY 26, 2002
Nice burnt orange color; Thin to medium head- very English looking; just a hint of mild hops in the nose. Tastes like a typical APA- citrusy and boring. I would like to take this oppurtunity to give a big fat F**K YOU to all the American breweries out there who think I wanna taste another damn APA as boring as this one: may you rot in brewery hell. You deserve all of the schmegma thrown your way.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
wegeha (7) - sss, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 10, 2002 does not count
Th eright beer for a evening at the bar. Not too strong, but a smooth taste, a bit on th ebitter side.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
JohnnyBGoode99 (4) - Massachusetts, USA - MAY 1, 2002 does not count
This is my favorite beer so far... very bitter, very flavorful. However, DO NOT buy it in regular beer bottles. The only way to go is the 1-gallon growlers. You can’t even compare the 2! Problem is the jugs are not readily available. If I ever move away from the area, I will make the brewer mail it to me on a regular basis!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - APR 28, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 11, 2004 Starts off with a peppery/floral aroma, clear orange color, fruity full taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
noer1 (109) - Massachusetts, USA - FEB 13, 2002
I’ve been waiting to try Ipswitch Original Ale for a long time, when I finally got it, I was very disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high. But when I look in my refridgerator to get a beer, I defently would pick a bud light over it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Gregory (357) - Pullman, Washington, USA - FEB 8, 2002
Nice aroma, swet and malty. The apperance was a nice coppery color but somewhat cloudy. The flavor was quite nice and smooth, but very bitter in the finish, m Overall a good beer, and one that I would drink again. The first time rating this beer, I felt it was too bitter but after drinking several more, I very much enjoyed it. Very good beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Davhgbrew (945) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 8, 2002
Smells fruity. Nice head that lasts and a nice golden color. Taste is not that appealing, with a very bittter aftertaste. Probably wouldn’t get it again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Merc (313) - Pullman, Washington, USA - FEB 1, 2002
Very well balanced beer - quite hoppby but still enjoyable. Slightly nutty flavour, dry bitter finish. Nicely carbonated.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
TAR (2513) - Lafayette, Colorado, USA - OCT 31, 2001
A nice floral, bitter ale.