RATINGS: 545   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
From 1861 to present, Pittsburgh Brewing Company continues to produce fine beers as legendary as the city they come from. Iron City Beer is proudly recognized as one of the finest true lager beers brewed in the United States.

PSUJason99 (96) - Montclair, New Jersey, USA - FEB 11, 2002
This beer is for white trash folks from the pitt area, who dont want to drink ’pop’...jesus christ...this is wicked nasty

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
LuckeyHaskins99 (180) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - FEB 8, 2002
UGH!!! The folks rom Pennsylvania tried to make Nat lite and failed. Rotten beer, but the stout is something else.

BuzzBeer99 (81) - Oklahoma, USA - FEB 6, 2002
May be the worst beer I have ever had along with Schlitz, Piels, Lost Lake, etc. They may actually be better. This beer is so harsh and bitter i choked down less than half a can. Not worthy of even the grittiest steel worker.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - FEB 1, 2002
In my opinion this is one of the best mass produced American beers. It does not come close to holding it’s own against a good craft brew or a specialty beer but it sure beats Bud or Miller.

JabberJenn99 (9) - Maryland, USA - JAN 31, 2002 does not count
I have two words to say: ’Iron Shitty’

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JAN 29, 2002
I wanted badly to like it. I used to collect the cans when I was a kid. I even drank it in Pittsburgh to get the whole ’atmosphere’ thing going. And it is bad. Very, very bad. And I think old Milwaukee is ok so you can figure how bad I think this stuff is. I gave it one extra fraction of a point for being sort of cool.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
MrBeer (276) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 28, 2002
Not a very good beer, IC Light is much better.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
BillKismet (3605) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 30, 2001
Nothing special at all, in fact, pretty darn bad. Extremely surprised that it has such a high rating. The several perfect and near perfect ratings clustered around 6-17-01 seem highly suspicious (esp. as they were mostly entered by people who rated only 1 or 2 Pittsburgh beers in the database and put as their location only ’USA’) and may be the act of one lone soul trying to sustain Pittsburgh pride. Just trying to keep it fair. Well, at least they got the Steelers. This beer is pretty lousy overall--even for a macro.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Norton (333) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 27, 2001
This is the foulest smelling sewage I have ever encountered! Tastes almost as bad as the stench it emanates as soon as you open the bottle/can. This is pure garbage. Actually drank off tap a few times. Not good on the stomach. Proof that people from Pittsburgh have underdeveloped taste buds. Pollution in a bottle. Try at your own risk. Only reason people buy this is because of the name.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
roder60 (1288) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 16, 2001
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2008 I cannot stand this beer!! I’ve lived in Pittsburgh most of my life and as a result I’ve been served up this crap at many a parties. It tastes like they actually get iron in the beer. Its disgusting!!