overall

RATINGS: 537   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.84   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
From 1861 to present, Pittsburgh Brewing Company continues to produce fine beers as legendary as the city they come from. Iron City Beer is proudly recognized as one of the finest true lager beers brewed in the United States.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Norton (329) - Southside, Richmond, Virginia, USA - DEC 27, 2001
This is the foulest smelling sewage I have ever encountered! Tastes almost as bad as the stench it emanates as soon as you open the bottle/can. This is pure garbage. Actually drank off tap a few times. Not good on the stomach. Proof that people from Pittsburgh have underdeveloped taste buds. Pollution in a bottle. Try at your own risk. Only reason people buy this is because of the name.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
roder60 (1285) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 16, 2001
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2008 I cannot stand this beer!! I’ve lived in Pittsburgh most of my life and as a result I’ve been served up this crap at many a parties. It tastes like they actually get iron in the beer. Its disgusting!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 20, 2001
Gains points for being my first beer ever. Loses points for being crap. Gains points again for the cool retro cans and entertaining commercials. Loses them again for being crap. And so on.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Hoss (607) - Florida, USA - NOV 18, 2001
Had a northern fraternity brother stick me with this brew one night. Simply boring

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
DYCSoccer17 (3350) - Woodland, California, USA - NOV 6, 2001
Rancid cheap beer. I dont care how long they’ve been brewing it. Its not good at all.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
MikeF (538) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - NOV 4, 2001
Not to bad for the price. 140yrs of brewing is very impressive.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Beer Guy99 (250) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - OCT 23, 2001
come on, this beer is Pittsburgh. The flavor is as good as any American standard beer and it beats Bud or Coors any day. It’s clean and refreshing, a little heavier than most of its type. When in Rome (or Pittsburgh) do as the locals do. Drink Iron City. No visit to Pittsburgh would be complete without enjoying an I.C.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Puss Gutt99 (206) - Oldtown, Florida, USA - OCT 18, 2001
While at 15cents for a 16oz. draft when i was underage at a redneck bar in rural Ohio was a good thing...

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
PhillyBeer2112 (2534) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - SEP 10, 2001
Pretty bland, and light. Pale. More beerlike than most American Standard types, but not really better than most of them. I didn’t bother to finish it either - a couple of sips told me all I needed to know, and not being at all enjoyable, I just poured itout. Strange factoid: While in Philadelphia I never saw this beer, but it is available in several places in Wichita, KS. Weird.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Ron (2653) - Rochester, New York, USA - SEP 6, 2001
Metal tasting. 20 years ago this made us feel like Gennese beer was premium.