overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 122   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.81   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
This is a filtered American wheat beer, with a touch of natural raspberry flavor and aroma. Before you pass this one over because itís a ďfruitĒ beer, try it on a hot summer afternoon. Our brewers even admit itís their beer of choice during those hot summer beer festivals.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
stangger (583) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 22, 2008
Tap@WestChester. Aroma of fresh raspberries and bread. Smooth fruit taste that wasn’t overpowering. Nice example !

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
epf33 (224) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - MAY 26, 2009
i donít know why everyone else is rating it so low, itís one of the best wheat beers iíve had, hazy, fruity but not overpowering, but the aroma is a bit sour

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
r464 (1883) - Earth, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 15, 2004
On tap. Very fruity aroma. A light, crisp flavor with definite raspberry/fruit in there. Nice for a summer brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Loddeer (171) - USA - SEP 25, 2004
Even though this is more of a feminine selection, as a male I will admit I like this beer. I appreciate the balance of raspberry flavor and wheat complexity in this brew. To me, if a beer can be slammed or enjoyed over the course of an hour, it has great versatility. I feel that this beer has that. I assume over time I will realize more important factors. As an amateur reviewer though, I am inclined to lean toward my instinctual opinions on certain beers.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Slipstream (1979) - USA - MAR 27, 2010
Strong aroma of raspberries and flowers. Pretty dry for a fruit beer, but still full of berry flavor. I donít know why beer geeks regularly underrate fruit beers - they are just too wimpy for a lot of guys, I suppose - but I like them. Maybe it is because I wear glasses and went to a good college. This was a berry nice beer, in my opinion!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Beerapprentice (207) - Hopatcong, New Jersey, USA - AUG 17, 2009
On tap at Iron Hill Brewery in Maple Shade. Pours a clear copper colour with a white head. Has an aroma of raspberry and wheat. Tastes like raspberry, wheat, and lemon tea. Has a watery palate and the aroma is pretty weak. The beer itself, has an interesting brewed tea aftertaste. This beer isnít rating well, which leaves this apprentice feeling a bit self conscious about the rating Iíve given it. I must just like fruit beers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DocLock (7703) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 29, 2004
A very nice raspberry wheat. The color is strawberry blondish, with a nice head which forms nice lace. This is not a wimpy fruit beer. It has a nice wheat beer dose of malt and hops, with overtones of raspberry (naturally), orange, cinnamon, and mango. A great spring/ summer beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
PWalk (337) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 2, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 7, 2004 An enoyable American Wheat with a fragrance that impresses even the non beer drinker into having one poured for them. Pours a little cloudy while producing little head. An Enjoyable beer for desert.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Hawksfan17 (890) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 17, 2006
I think this was my favorite from the sampler, I donít know if it was because it was freakishly warm in the bar or what but I enjoyed it. It pours gold and has a wonderful sweet raspberry aroma. The flavor is a clean and crisp wheat with a touch of berry at the end. It was nice and smooth and really hit the spot.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
madcurls85 (11) - USA - OCT 25, 2006
Very tasty. Essentially, at the Iron HIll in West Chester, PA, itís a chick beer. But a delicious one. The rasberry is strong and very distinct, but the beer is quite tasty and not too sugary.