Iron Hill Triple Bock

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 55   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.81   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 396   ABV: 13.2%
Triple Bock is a heady, high-alcohol winter brew that is a perfect way to warm up as the weather starts to get cooler.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Ja29ck (25) - Salisbury, Maryland, USA - APR 20, 2009
Very dark in in color with a out of the ordinary smell. It has a very sweet taste. strong beer with 13.2% alcohol.

JB175 (1665) - Bucks County, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 14, 2009
Nice darker brown color with a small head. Aroma is big and sweet with some roast and candy, sweeter breads, and a whole coffee house dessert tray. Flavor is quite sweet with some caramel, toffee, brown sugar, sweet roast, coffee, and candies. Nice feel. A really good one from Iron Hill that should not be missed!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
neepsntatties (1170) - Portland, Oregon, USA - APR 2, 2009
Got to sample a smidge of this at a beer gathering this evening (4/1/09). Colour... dark amber and slightly clouded with a light tan head. Nose... decidedly burnt toffee, creme brulee and caramel with a hint of booze. Palate... light carbonation, mouth-coating, luxurious, Scottish toffee, turbinado, dark fruits, yeast, Christmas cake. A wonderful triple bock that’s a joy to drink!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
boFNjackson (4100) - Portland, Oregon, USA - APR 2, 2009
Bottle... Poured ruby with a tiny head. Boozy and grainy aroma. Lots of dark fruits and spices. Acidic finish which was very sugary.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
holdenn (2078) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 25, 2009
Bottle thanks to pantanap! Crazy label, I think there needs to be a seperate non cumulative rating for labels, I’d give that one a 2. Pours dark brown with no head. Yeast, chocolate malt, fruit, and spice aromas that are quite inviting. Full rich flavors of chocolate, dark fruit, dough, and all around sweet. The sweetness doesn’t overbear it, its still easy to drink and enjoyable to drink. Thanks Kan!

Pastor (796) - Skowhegan, Maine, USA - MAR 13, 2009
Thanks Dim I poured this bottle into my Pilsener glass it produced a two finger tan head, on top of a reddish brown body. The head trails off to a thin lace. Aromas of sweet fruit are the first thing that hit me. Then I get some molasses and grapes Wow this is not what I expected I really like it. The flavors follow the nose but with some alcohol burn to it as well. This thing is going to be a sipper I can tell. It is sweet like a desert wine. With its dark fruit qualities as well. It has a medium feel to it in the mouth with nice carbonation to it as well Like I said this is a sipper and the small bottle is enough for one sitting. An interesting brews my first from the brewer and I know it won’t be my last

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
chimplechamp (601) - Oslo, NORWAY - MAR 12, 2009
UPDATED: MAR 22, 2009 the 3d glasses rule my world. pours a lot lighter than I thought it would, I was thinking it would be thick like engine oil but it was much more fizzy, and more lively with hues of brown and amber. nose was rasberries, caramel, sour vinous notes, a malty masterpiece. taste was sticky, with caramel, and rasberries again. lots of bready flavours involved. was gorgeous. i wish my tastebuds werent destroyed from dinner so i could fully enjoy this masterpiece. Retasted it with better tastebuds, what my father claims was the last bottle of the stuff in stores. Much better than I remembered. Perfect mouthfeel. a beautiful beer.

drewbeerme (3879) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 23, 2009
bottle thanks to Kan! pours amber with no head. nose of caramel, doughy malts, red wine. flavors of caramel, red fruit, sweet currants. tasty brew, very clean and smooth finish with the alc in check. awesome stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
kramer (4866) - Sunbury, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 22, 2009
Bottle, via whaleman. Pours a dark brown body with a small beige head that completely vanished. Very viscous and heavy looking in the glass. The nose is huge dark fruits of plum and raisins with lots of caramel, molasses, moderate alcohol, and a bit of coffee. The flavor is just as rich and deep as the aroma. Full on dessert sweetness, dark fruits and deep heavy caramel. A bit of a light smoky note on the finish with some alcohol, but the alcohol really works nicely with this one. The mouthfeel is thick and viscous, but I really wouldn’t really call it sticky at all. This beer was just a perfect match to our dessert that night. This is probably one of the best Iron Hill beers that I’ve had to date. I really need to track down some more of this!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
pantanap (3351) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 21, 2009
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2009 13oz bottle....pours a dark caramel thrown with an nono-existent head.... sweet caramel, banana, and alcohol phenols....flavors of sweet and heavy caramel malt and dark fruit. med carbonation which is of to be expected. for 13% it holds up well.