overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 340   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.82   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
An easy-drinking wheat beer is light in color and body...perfect for the warmer weather. In crafting this fine ale, we add many pounds of real apricot fruit to create a "secondary fermentation." This creates a gentle wheat beer with just a hint of apricot flavor in the finish. A very drinkable, mildly fruity ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Darkover (1528) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - AUG 23, 2006
Sampled at the Odds and Ends Tasting at Dogbrick’s. Golden color with a small beige head. Apricot aroma. Very strong apricot flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
DarkStar22769 (100) - Ontario, CANADA - AUG 22, 2006
12 oz bottle; poured a light straw colour with a medium head that disappeared while large anxious bubbles streamed to the top. Aroma is light apricot (maybe more than light...it reminded me of taking the top off of my grandmother’s homemade apricot jam jar). Sweet malt undertones but it’s all apricot. I am concerned that it might be synthetic flavour or something else but the commercial descritption attests otherwise. Flavour is a tangy wheat with just the lightest of apricot at the tail end of it. It’s rather soft. It’s nice and not overpowering. Fruit beers really aren’t my thing but this is alright.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
argo0 (12291) - Washington DC, USA - AUG 6, 2006
(draft) White head atop clear straw body. Aroma is moderately sweet, apricot, some honey. Taste is medium sweet, apricot, light banana. Light body with light stickiness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
illinismitty (2270) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 20, 2006
Draft at Colter Bay in Buffalo NY. Not much aroma, but what I could get was wheat malt and apricots. Flavor is pretty much what you would expect. Lots of apricot flavor, weak malt backbone, not much sweetness. Thin refreshing finish. A lawnmower beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 6, 2006
Hazy golden in color with a small white head. Mild aroma and flavor of apricots and not much else. Grainy malt charcater, very unassuming beer that just never comes acorss.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
beastiefan2k (2861) - Emerald City (formely NYC & KS), Washington, USA - MAY 28, 2006
Well usually I stay away from wheat beers with fruit because usually one could barely taste the fruit. Hwever, this is the opposite, too much apricot. Bottle poured budweiser color wiht som lacing and visble carbonation bubbles. The aroma is all apricot or more like apricot syrup. This almost smells too much like apricot. Same in the taste no beer flavors, just apricot. Feel is slimy for such a light bodied brew. That apricot aftertaste stays for a while as well.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
POD (198) - USA - MAY 17, 2006
I was nervous when I received this one to sample. It was purchased outside of Buffalo and was my first ever taste of a fruit beer. The aroma versus appearance was perplexing to me. It looked like beer, but smelled distinctly of apricots. I must admit that appricots are not my favorite fruit. The first two gulps taste like a thick wine cooler. After the third gulp the apricot flavor became ad nauseum. Bottom line for me is that the flavor reminded me of what my beer would taste like if one of my kids poured their Juicy Juice box into my mug. If a friend hadn’t bought the beer for me to try, I would have poured it out. I can’t recommend this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Dogbrick (9611) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAY 15, 2006
Courtesy of a travelling co-worker. Murky golden color with a medium off-white fizzy head that disappears pretty quickly. Nice apricot aroma, along with a bit of malt. Light-bodied and fruity with apricot being the dominant flavor, however there is a strange sweetness/staleness in the background that ruins it somewhat. The finish is fruity, wheaty and short. Alright in some respects but the off flavors hurt this beer too much.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
SHIG (3968) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - MAY 13, 2006
golden amber with a bit of a haze, the head was a small white bubble. It has a sweet fruit aroma most likely from the apricot. The taste is very nice since it starts off with that wheatie grain taste yet finishes sweet with the fruit.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
blkitson (158) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - MAY 11, 2006
Not a very dark beer and definitely didn’t retain its head very long. Pretty smooth with a slight after taste of apricots. Not bad, but would never buy it again