Jackie-Os Dark Robustic #2
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 3.82/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.47   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
Rum barrel aged walnut stout with raisins and wild yeast

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Dogbrick (7666) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUL 5, 2012
Sample at Jackie Os as part of Ohio Brew Week. Dark reddish-brownish-black pour with a medium thin beige head that recedes steadily. Spotty lacing on the glass. The aroma consists of dark fruit, malt and oak. Full-bodied with a nice bourbon-soaked chocolate covered raisin flavor with some malt in the background. The finish is malty and rich with a boozy raisin aftertaste. Very good beer all around.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
JaBier (4831) - Capital City, Ohio, USA - JUL 2, 2012
Growler brought back by Dogbrick. Pitch black pour with a thin tan head. Malty nose with notes of raisin, wild yeast sourness and roasted malt. Malty flavor with chocolate and raisin character before the sourness takes over. Once its off your tongue, you get a lingering roastiness. The day I had them, I liked this one better because I was able to get more of the complexity, but I could see myself switching to the cherry when I want something more sour.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
JStax (2857) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - JUN 26, 2012
Poured on draft. Appearance is a dark dark brown, pretty much black with a nice dark grey head of foam. Almost a purple head. The nose is fairly loaded with the rum barrel notes adding head and then the wild yeast adding some lactic sour notes that I cant help but like. Taste is initially all boozy rum, but as I delve more into the beer I get a nice raisin taste that begins to blend with some tart, sour, lactic notes. Quite an interesting beer. I think Id like to try it minus the barrel.