Jackie-Os El Picoso
     click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.55/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Our Biere De Creme conditioned on Habaneros. Very subtle spicy-ness! ABV: 4% Malt: Pilsen, White Wheat, Crystal 10, Belgian Aromatic Hops: Hallertau, Cascade Food Pairing: herb butter tilapia, alfredo pasta, shrimp scampi

JStax's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JStax (3014) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - OCT 8, 2012
Poured on draft at Jackie-Oís. Pours a lighter gold with a white cap of foam with good retention and lacing. The aroma is subtle sweetness with the breadiness found in the Biere de Creme. Habaneros not yet detectable. In the taste, I get the same bready sweetness I found in the base beer, but at the very end of the finish, a little prick of heat starts to develop. Itís nothing dramatic, but it is interesting how little the peppers play a part in this beer. I expected this to be more in your face heat, but that really wasnít there, and I think the beer benefits from that.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Bigmmartin (603) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - OCT 14, 2012
On draft at the brewpub

I didnít get to try the Biere De Creme, so I have no experience with the base beer. This one is light all around, with mild flavors including subtle sweetness up front with lights hops in the end. I didnít pick up on any of the peppers in the aroma, but the habaneros made their appearance in the finish. A lingering spicy heat hangs out for awhile after the finish. An interesting beer.