RATINGS: 270   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82/5   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
Double IPL.
Two years into our brewery and we’re fueling the fires surrounding extremely hoppy beers. In celebration of our anniversary and in support of our fans, we’re brewing this extra hoppy Double IPL. Together, we have taken a journey to redefine the term ’lager.’ Prost! 17.5°
June 2013 Released as ’2nd Anniversary Lager’

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mjs (6530) - Helsinki, FINLAND - AUG 21, 2015
(Bottle, 0.33 l - manufacturing date unreadable, at Stadin Panimobaari, 20150821) The beer poured golden and clear. Its head was medium sized and white. Aroma had grass, herbalness and sweetness. Palate was medium bodied with medium carbonation. Flavours were grass, sweetness, fruitiness, malts and bitterness. Afteraste was hoppy and bitter. A decent hoppy brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gusgus (235) - Mölndal, SWEDEN - AUG 11, 2015
Bottle from Olbutikken. Nice citrussy aroma but not in your face. Clean maltiness with marked bitterness. Nice pine and citrus taste, very much like Sierra Nevadas house style. One of the best hoppy lagers I’ve tried.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
mansquito (5466) - Nueva York, New York, USA - AUG 7, 2015
The Beer Shop near Springfield: Pours hazy yellow with a white head. Aroma is fragrant hops with a good deal of tropical fruit. Taste is pretty hops. Very fruity and floral. Lightly sweet. Perfumy. Excellent.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Yorker (1934) - Herning, DENMARK - JUL 28, 2015
33 cl bottle @ home. Pours clear golden with a white head that leaves a little lacing. Aroma and flavour are grapefruit, pine, and straw - with a bitter finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
hivemind (891) - New York, New York, USA - JUL 25, 2015
Tap at Pony w James. Yellow body. Yeasty notes on nose and palate, a little but dry and astringent, grainy. Clean finish. Not much else to note.

MrOrla (2304) - Odense C, DENMARK - JUL 25, 2015
Bottle at home. Pours Yellow with a small dense white head. Aroma of hops, grape, light malts, tropical. Taste is Hops, nice maltbase, grape, light caramel, piney. Very Drinkable dispite the high abv.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Radek Kliber (7165) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - JUL 22, 2015
Where and how: b 355 ml.
Aroma semi dry alcohol with sweet malts. Grassy-citrus aroma as wrap.
Appearance :
Top: lighter denser snowy white cap.
Base: hazy amber gold.
Palate : full bodied with average carbonation. Slightly softer at edges. Average finish. Refined.
Taste: balanced approach. Malts are solid, not too heavy, not too dry or sweet. Alcohol noted but sooth and refined. Well matured. Grassy herbal hops with longer finish.
Other notes malt likka for beer snobs? Yes, but it is also so much more.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ktwse (4099) - Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 16, 2015
Pours clear golden with a finger of white head. Aroma of pine, citrus, light grapefruit, caramel. Taste is robust sweet caramel malty with a pine bitter finish. Fairly rich, smooth body with soft carbonation.

Ctplt777 (475) - - JUL 10, 2015
This is easily one of the best beers I have ever had. This is up there in my book with elevated ipa. There is just so much going on with this one it’s crazy. First thing you get blasted with in the aroma is huge citrus, dankness and tropical fruit and a nice sweet easy aroma from the lager yeast. I think the lager part of this beer is what makes it so damn good. I cannot even imagine the skill it took to make this beer. Taste is bitter and full of citrus and tropical fruit. It’s so hoppy. I guess it’s clear I loved this one. I’ve gotten bored with a lot of ipa’s now because they all taste the same and all are basically the same beer just packaged different. This one is so refreshing and so delicious it’s made me excited for a craft beer again. I wish I could get it where I am, but I had to go home to Connecticut to grab a bunch of 4 packs which I’ll be savoring. Definitely without a doubt get this if you see it, it’s a really awesome beer and I can’t say enough good things about it. Cheers!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
katrinaez (1431) - norristown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 18, 2015
Hops and deep coloring. Average but still worth the try. Light Caramel and slight malt. Tap