overall

RATINGS: 28   MEAN: 1.54/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.77   EST. CALORIES: 249   ABV: 8.3%
Contract Brewed for Jaguar Brewing Co.

PRUCK's rating

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
PRUCK (19) - CHICAGO, Illinois, USA - FEB 2, 2011
IT HAS A BLACK PANTHER ON IT!!!! RAWWR RAWWR!!! Itís cool how íJAGUARí is written as if the panther scratched it into the can and then the can sort of bled the word out. NICE! This is a lot like evil eye. VERY sick/thick/sweet/corn/chemical! The drunk it give you is similar to evil eye. Dark feelings of wanting to piss acid rain on the face of everyone youíve ever met mix with knowing that nobody will ever love you.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
Ibrew2or3 (6985) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - DEC 22, 2012
24oz can pours clear gold with semi bubbly zero head of foam. The aroma has a mix of sweet honey, apple juice and pear juice with sugar sweetened chemical booze at the end of the draw. The taste is similar with sugar sweet apple-y and pear-y esters mixed with softly harsh booze and it makes you question the reason youíre drinking this. All in all for the ABV it isnít too offensive except for the over powering sweetness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
pepsican (1447) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - DEC 15, 2012
Iím actually kind of scared of this here cat. Or at least I was. Turns out I shouldnít be. Good swill here. Grape drink a flowin, good carbonation, earthy bitterness, some sweet tarts. No booze on the finish, crisp.

ronaldtheriot (1277) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - SEP 4, 2012
Jaguar High Gravity Lager has a medium, white, fizzy, quickly-dissipating head, no lacing, and a clear, very bubbly, yellow-golden appearance. The aroma is of subtle and sickening green apple, grain husks, barley, sickly-sweetness, and a shadow of hops. The mouthfeel is light to medium, and Jaguar finishes somewhat crisp and refreshing, but also somewhat harsh. This is pretty hard to stomach, and I think itís not even worth trying. Avoid! RJT

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
crossovert (7561) - Illinois, USA - APR 27, 2012
I can handle malt liquors but this one is exceptionally bad. Super sweet and corny, sickly sweet.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jrallen34 (3483) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 9, 2011
ugly straw with a watery head... the nose is really bad, skunk and alcohol, a bit sweet, not good at all, way too much alcohol for 8%... the taste is so sweet, grape juice, corn, actually doesnít like much, pretty watery

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
noid1985 (99) - Broadview, Illinois, USA - SEP 9, 2010
No aroma, no nothing....excuse my double negatives but this beer was probably the worst Iíve ever had in my life. Sorry that I had to waste $1.25 and 75 characters on it

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
HighTension (2) - Wisconsin, USA - JUN 30, 2010 does not count
You know those rides that spin you around in a large metal can, then the floor drops, and you end up stuck to a wall until you feel like throwing-up and dying? Drinking a can of this "beer" makes you feel like you just got off of that wretched, nauseating contraption. If you somehow finish a can or you have gone on that particular ride, the outcome is the same- You never want to have to go through that experience again. I wouldnít say Jaguar is anywhere close to tolerable, but if youíre very cheap, extremely immature, and you want to play a cruel trick on your palate, this is the beer for you. I drink one of these cans every year with my buddies just to know that Iím still alive Ė then I feel like dying. Good times.

Frank (2927) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 7, 2010
There are some ignorant souls who accuse American beer of being flavorless. What I have to say to them after loosing this Jaguar upon my nose and palate is: I wish it was flavorless. This is one truly aggressively foul beverage. It is not infected, not stale, not old, not dust covered,not light struck. There is nothing wrong w/ it aside from whoever brewed it decided to forsake all things aside from alcohol content and low price. Itís clear yellow w/ a head that fades fast. The aroma is not only bad but as the vapors waft and hit my nose, they cause me actual, physical pain. The scent is overripe apples, hay, dirt and alcohol--and that is the absolute nicest way I can put it. The flavor is the same but comes w/ the harrowing psychological damage of knowing you just put this heinous liquid into your body and it will in one form or the other come into contact w/ your brain and other vital organs. I consider myself something of an expert of foul beers, esp. of the yellow and fizzy variety but this is something new and truly special to me: a beer that I do not want to drink. There are, at most, a few dozen of these in the entire universe and they are mostly made in the darkest recesses of underdeveloped nations, This however was union made right here in the good old USA. I very much want to go ahead and dump this down the drain. I wonít though. Dumping beer down the drain is for pansies.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
DuffMan (6858) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 15, 2010
Well, I figured itís been a while since I dipped into the urinal section of the beer cooler, so I figured it was time to try a new malt likraí and this fits the bill. Right off the bat I should note that my particular can looks identical to the picture here, but it has the added distinction of boasting "caffeine and guarana" among its ingredients. Hmm... what am I getting into here? The pour is just as youíd expect, so I wonít waste your time or mine describing it. It looks like liquid garbage. It smells like the water in the pot after you boil corn. Correction: take said water, pour in a few tablespoons of iodine and pour it over a pack of bandaids. Now youíve got the smell! And for good measure, stir in a bottle of rubbing alcohol and drink the lot. Yes, youíve just brewed your own batch of Jaguar. Well done! Holy shit I canít see...