overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 153   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.09   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Back in February of this year, we added several hundred pounds of raspberries to oak barrels containing mature sour beer. We then allowed the beer to re-ferment to dryness. The result is Atrial Rubicite, our first barrel aged sour beer to incorporate fruit. Atrial Rubicite is made from well water, barley, wheat, hops, farmhouse yeast, native yeast from the Texas Hill Country, souring bacteria, and raspberries. It’s 5.8% alcohol by volume, has a finishing gravity of 1.005 and is 3.36 pH. It is unfiltered, unpasteurized and 100% bottle conditioned. Atrial Rubicite is our first beer to be packaged exclusively in 500 ml bottles.

jasonycurtis (9) - BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma, USA - SEP 26, 2013 does not count
My idea of a perfect beer. The raspberry is perfectly represented. It's tart and not too sweet. A hint of oak in the background. A very clean finish. Amazing!! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mcberko (5942) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 6, 2013
375mL bottle, pours a beautiful opaque raspberry red with a small pink head. Aroma brings out pure raspberry explosion in your face, along with brett and funk. Flavour brings out loads of raspberry jam, brett, and barnyard funk. Incredibly complex, with the fruit sinking front and centre, along with the bretty funk. Outstanding stuff of remarkable complexity. Phenomenal - just an incredible beer of amazing complexity.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Pyrmir (3198) - Uppsala, SWEDEN - JUN 23, 2014
On tap at CBC 2014. Deep red with pink head. Aroma and taste of raspberries, sour, fresh, very nicely balanced with nice oak and brett notes. Top notch!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Vignale (1981) - Malmö, SWEDEN - MAY 6, 2014
Smakprov på CBC 2014. Ett fantastiskt hallonöl fullt iklass med de bästa belgarna. Stor hallon- och friskt syrlig funkig doft. Smaken av hallon är nästan lika stor som doften trots att den är riktigt syrlig, torr och funkig. Otroligt gott, bra balans. Wow!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
gyllenbock (4400) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - MAY 8, 2014
Sample at CBC 2014. Hazy reddish with a small head. Very nice and fresh aroma and taste of raspberries. Also some citrus, wood and fruit. Really refreshing and with a wonderful mouthfeel. The finish was tart and dry. An excellent beer, the best one that i had during CBC. I would love to have a bottle or twp at home.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
Metallion66 (104) - - AUG 30, 2013
UPDATED: SEP 6, 2013 Beautiful bright red color. Very raspberry forward initially but it’s then followed by a nice sour back bone. Easily in the top three from Jester King.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
daknole (8867) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - SEP 27, 2013
Wow what a great beer! Pours a nice deep reddish color with a pinkish head. Loads of sour raspberries, cranberries, lactic sourness, perfect carbonation. Dry, fruity, sour but balanced. Hellz ya..

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Errl (1474) - Plano, Texas, USA - OCT 22, 2013
UPDATED: NOV 18, 2013 Tap at Release..Pour is nice red with pink head..Nose is nice raspberries, funk, dryness, fresh juice, oak, sweetness..Taste is nice juicy raspberries, nice carbonation, light sweetness, funk, tartness..

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
brystmar (1189) - Dallas, Texas, USA - NOV 18, 2013
Been holding off on rating this one for months, despite attending the release and having multiple draft & bottle pours of both batches. I do my best not to overuse hyperbole, and I don't want to be a homer, so I've waited to collect my thoughts before publishing them. It's time.

Fresh raspberries pummel my nose far away from the bottle. Mildly oaked at the end, adding a touch of complexity to this already impressive aroma. My very first impression of smelling this brew was unknown to me at the bottle share before the release. It was handed to me in a glass, and I asked, "Is this Cantillon?" Yeah, it's THAT good.

And the taste delivers. Waves of deliciously fresh raspberries bombard my taste buds, accented by a baseline oak character and hints of yeasty funk. Damn. I actually prefer this to St. Lamvinus. Wtf?!

I may be a bit of a Freetail fanboy, but goddamn, this is nothing short of game-changing for Texas beer. And maybe American sours in general. I truly could not recommend this more highly, but my remaining bottles are simply not for trade. Atrial is one of the absolute best sours I've ever had. Cheers!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
jcartamdg (1864) - Spring Hill, Florida, USA - JAN 23, 2014
Pours a ruby red with no head. Aroma of raspberry jam, oak and sour wheat. Taste is sour, loads of raspberries, funk and oak. So sour yet so fruity, dry yet juicy. Pretty amazing fruited sour, right up there with very sour blackberry.