John Harvardís Harvest Spice
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 2.89/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
ClarkVV (3892) - Allston, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 31, 2004
On tap at the Cambridge loc 2004. Dark amber, beige color, with some bright oranges throughout and a small off-white head. Aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg. . .and thatís about it. Flavor of. . .cinnamon and nutmeg. I knew this one wasnt very good when my girlfriend liked it alot, as she likes beer that dosent taste like beer and this one sure dosent. Any flavor is masked by the huge amount of spice in this, there is a bit of malt sweetness, ever so slight on the finish. Watery, thin.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
pineypower (2509) - Pine Barrens, New Jersey, USA - OCT 26, 2004
Tap in Wayne PA. I requested no brown sugar on my glass.....Poured out a nice amber color with a nice balanced aroma of spice and hops. The taste was rather subtle, but nice, you could still tell it was a beer. Notes of spice, pumpkin and brown sugar were noticible.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DrGonzo (625) - Somerville, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 19, 2004
On tap at the Framingham strip mall location. So I apparently didnít hear the bartender say that the rim of the glass would be lined with brown sugar, and almost thought that I recieved a margarita. That will not factor in the beer rating, although, ashamed as I may be to admit it, or ashamed as the beer should be, it actually made the beer more palateable. Dark copper color, medium head. Apple crisp aroma, pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, quite nice actually. The flavor however takes a sharp downturn, fairly weak, grainy, some spices, lacking in sweetness (like it needs to be fermented) that I think they try to compensate for with the sugar. I wonít drink this one again.