Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider

overall

RATINGS: 64   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.41   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Johnny Appleseed is a refreshingly sweet and intense hard apple cider. It’s best enjoyed on the rocks, among good friends. Inspired by a legendary adventurer and storyteller, Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider was created for anyone with a story to tell. So whenever friends gather to share a drink, a tale, or a night out, raise a glass of Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider — to the hundreds of stories waiting to be told. Coming in April to a bar near you.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ajnepple (2115) - Clear Creek, Colorado, USA - AUG 26, 2014
12 oz via bottle at Cactus Jacks. Pale gold and clear appearance. Aroma and flavor of apple cider and jolly rancher candies. Fairly sweet with a crisp feel and a semi-dry finish. Decent cider.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
stoutchap (416) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 23, 2014
Clear pale yellow pour a little fizzy. Strong apple nose. Thin palate. Apply flavor but in a fake additive sort of way. Too sweet for me.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Slipstream (2007) - USA - AUG 23, 2014
What’s this, a new cider? Fairly rank aroma - Jolly Rancher candies, scented cleaners, and a little yeasty bitterness. It tastes like apple soda punch, not cider. OK, this is not a real cider - it is made from apple juice concentrate, sugars, and flavoring agents (probably artificial). And now I see that it is made by Anheuser Busch - that explains a few things! Pretty awful - my plan is to never touch this stuff again.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
DedicatedToFun (2402) - Santa Monica, California, USA - AUG 20, 2014
Bottle. Pour is a gold, no head. Aroma is apples, taste is apples. Not much to say about this one.

1.1
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
AudioDave (1) - - AUG 18, 2014 does not count
My friends accuse me of drinking any beer, no matter how foul. I shy away from really dark beers, ’cuz I just don’t care for them. Well, I finally found a drink that I will never buy again: Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider. I LOVE most hard ciders, but I stay away from them because of the high number of calories. Johnny Appleseed has kind of a harsh, metallic taste, with a pretty unpleasant aftertaste. Keep in mind that I am not a beer snob, and I will enjoy a PBR on a hot day with NO problem. Johnny Appleseed was a one-of-a-kind that I will not be repeating. I have no problem with most Anheuser-Bush beers, but this one set a new low standard. I have never bothered to rate a beer, but this one deserves everything I have said, and more. On a 1 to 10 scale, I would rate this stuff as 0.2. (Only that high a rating because I guess it will give you a "snoot-full" if you drink enough.) Believe it, my friend!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
b3shine (5333) - Indiana, USA - AUG 14, 2014
Bottle to snifter. Looks subpar; a transparent apple juice with thin white head that dissipates entirely almost instantaneously (and I poured aggressively to get that). Smells like apple juice. Tastes like it smells, but with some bitterness I don’t like. Copper-like. Unless you’re looking for a cheap tick, scroll past.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
obguthr (3763) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - AUG 11, 2014
Soapy apple nose. Clear yellow. Tangy apple flavor, like Laffy Taffy candy. Fizzy. Artificial and very sweet, but pretty darned tasty.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
hockeybeerguy (1931) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - AUG 7, 2014
This was poured into a wine glass and a pint glass. There wasn’t any difference. The appearance was a little light yellow color with streams of bubbly carbonation rising to fill a head that was dieing just as fast as the carbonation was rising. Guess what, there’s no lacing. The smell had tart and sweet apples. The taste was sweet and tart through the apples with a slight vinous flavoring. On the palate, this one sat about a light on the body with a decent sessionability about it. However, the carbonation is quite poundingly harsh. Overall, thanks for the so-called beer stat for a non beer. Don’t think I’d touch this again with a ten foot pole.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
DrewFace (771) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - AUG 7, 2014
Brilliantly clear, pale straw yellow color, effervescent. Apple aroma, apple skins, and some fresh cider character. Very sweet, almost cloyingly so, apple juice, alcohol hidden by sugar.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
HonkeyBra (3338) - Lemont, Illinois, USA - AUG 7, 2014
On draft at a place because everything was a Budweiser product. Pours a clear piss yellow with no head, just a ring of bubbles around th erim of the glass. Aroma of apple juice and sugar. Flavor is apple juice, sugar, and carbonation. Fizzy carbonation, light bodied. So sweet. This was hard to finish the glass.