Johnny Arrow Dry Apple Cider
     click to upload

Brewed by DB Breweries (Asia Pacific Breweries-Heineken)
Style: Cider
Auckland, New Zealand

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.23/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Sunshine, friends and limitless possibilities. Perfect conditions for hanging out with Johnny Arrow. Made from crisp apples ripened under the hot New Zealand sun. This expertly balanced dry cider gets even better with a wedge of lemon. Serve chilled out!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Jimthechap (1652) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - JAN 27, 2013
I purchased a bottle of this and went away on honeymoon. Upon returning I went to work and came back to find my new wife had demolished it. The following review is her testimony. Needless to say I trust her in matters of cider. "It’s alright I suppose. What does it smell like? Apples? Don’t be some f---ing stupid. Yes it tasted of bloody apples as well. Yes it was okay. Okay I gave it 5 out of 10 for taste. Did I enjoy it? Yes, fine. I enjoyed it. Leave me alone." And there you go.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
beer4eternity (203) - Tauranga, NEW ZEALAND - JAN 4, 2012
An excellent review by ComradeK leaves not much else to add. Very appealing yeasty aromas. Tastes wonderful. Undoubtably the finest beverage I’ve had from Dominion Breweries.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ComradeK (1029) - The Vale of Dundas, AUSTRALIA - MAR 7, 2011
330ml bottle. It looks like pretty standard commercial cider, pouring a pale champagne yellow, with trailing bubbles. It smells really quite alluring, with some sweet, juicy, Normandy cider-like notes mingling with the tart, dry leathery smell of a West Country cider. It tastes very English to start, with tart, bittersweet apple and apple skin being predominant. The next note to come through is an appealing sourness, followed by a sweeter, fruity finish. This is quite well-balanced cider, sitting between a tart scrumpy and a sweet Normandy cider in style. Much like the pear version, this is very good, especially considering its commercial Antipodean origins.