overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 1217   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
This delicious farmhouse ale is named for our Jack Russell, who struck by a car, bounced back in fine tenacious Jack Russell fashion, and is brewed for those of us who knocked down, have picked up, dusted off and carried on undaunted. Golden, naturally cloudy, bottle conditioned and dry hopped for a perfectly refreshing balance of spicy malts, hops and yeast. Please enjoy our beers in good health, And look both ways when crossing the street!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ibrew2or3 (7910) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - MAR 6, 2007
On tap at Florida Brewers Guild Fest 2007. Hazy straw pour with bright white head. Sweet fruit candy-like aroma that seems sort of berry like. Also there’s a yeast spice and lemon note. The flavor has a nice pale maltiness mixed seamlessly with hints of mild sourness. Beyond midway I get lemon citrus notes too. I can see drinking this as a premium tasty lawnmower brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JohnnyJ (5262) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 6, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 13, 2007 Aroma of hops and spices. Pour is a cloudy orange with a nice white head and good lacing. Flavors of citrus, light fruit, spice, hops, and a little sourness. A nice easy drinking saison.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 5, 2007
this beer was very weak. It had tones of cloves and hops but had a very watery mouthfeel. This was my first tasting of the ’Jolly’ brand and I must say it doesn’t make me look forward to trying anymore.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
slimchill (1044) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAR 1, 2007
UPDATED: APR 9, 2008 FBG07. At first the nose is almost all hops, with some sourness. As it sits, the malt and especially yeast aromas come through, complimenting the hops nicely. Very cloudy yellow with patchy thin white head. Flavor has some hop notes, some sourness. Interesting palate, crisp and complex.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Angeloregon (2055) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 1, 2007
This light golden and healthfully hopped saison would be in my refridgerator more regularly if it didn’t cost a bit more than other local beers. However, it is very unique and balances the Belgian world with the North American world. Superbly balanced, sessionable, and straight up groovy!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jimhilt (2539) - Bow, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 27, 2007
Explodes out of bottle with a five+ finger white head that fades slowly leaving some lace. Cloudy pale amber color. Light-medium carbonation and medium bodied. Yeasty nose. Flavor is slightly sour and yeasty, citrusy, tart, dry finish $2.08 for a 12oz bottle from Hi-Time Cellars Costa Mesa, Ca.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
lovemyipas (544) - nw burbs, Illinois, USA - FEB 26, 2007
pours a dark cloudy yellow orange with a two finger fluffy white head. aroma is of horse barn, malt, and hops. light to medium body with ok lacing and some carbonation. flavor is funk, malt, and grain with some hops mixed in. also has a sour taste to it which ruins it for me. has a small dry hop aftertaste and noticed a lot of sediment floating around. very different from my normal beers- it is ok but not my style and is ok compared to other styles i have rated. i also noticed a little orange rind in the aroma and flavor as it warmed.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
afterglow (1047) - Florida, USA - FEB 24, 2007
Sampled on tap @ Ybor Beer Fest 2007. Poured a cloudy golden color with a large white head that left great lacing. Aroma of malt, spicy hops, and slight acidity. Taste is nice tart and spicy. Very dry mouthfeel and extremely refreshing. This is an amazing beer that you can drink all the time without getting too drunk. One of my favorites from Jolly Pumpkin.

TURDFERGUSON (4036) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - FEB 23, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2007 Bottle from Liquid Solutions. Smells like JP. Orange with big fucking huge small-bubbled white head. Maybe a little over-carbonated. I dont know shit. Spicey, bready, orval-like nose with hints of broken vacuum cleaner. Ugh. Kinda tastes like orval too, but this much drier. I feel like this brewski just has way too much carbonation and the dry hops only make this brew drier and less tasty, in my opinion. I spent a fortune on shipping from LS and this is what I get. A poor choice and my least favorite JP so far. 8.3.7.3.13 ------&# Having had several more bottles recently, I am beginning to see the nuances of this beer that I feel like I was missing before. Everything balances so well and the flavor is so full for such a low alcohol beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
GeneralGao (3614) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - FEB 20, 2007
12 oz bottle. Poured a hazy golden color. Head was big and bubbly with good retention and lacing. Aroma is yeasty bread dough accented by coriander and citrus. Like all of the Jolly Pumkins I’ve tried so far, this one is extremely effervescent. Acidic and prickly up front eventually giving way to a softer citrusy orange flavor. Finishes with a touch of wet stone. Decent, but not great.