overall

RATINGS: 569   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 183   ABV: 6.1%
Autumn Fire
Ale brewed with chestnut and spices
To catch a bit of soft radiance in each special bottle, we wait for fall colors to begin their bright and fleeting glow before brewing this wonderful ale under their autumn fire. Gentle amber malts lead smooth caramel notes, gently lapping against a shore of distant forgotten spice. A beer to contemplate and enjoy!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 8/20
Yatesed (37) - Blacklick, Ohio, USA - JUN 5, 2013
Poured golden haze, nice well formed head, floral citrusy scent, taste of crisp fruit bite

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
realaledrinker (35) - Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan, USA - DEC 9, 2012
Deep gold to light copper in color with a this white head. Nice spice with a tart finish. Solid beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
Jhyland13 (28) - - JAN 28, 2012
Smell of spice and leaves. Pours a foggy tan. Taste is sour and tart spice. Little hints of caramel and chestnuts. Not overpowering. Moderate change of pace. Worth a taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
COBeer (18) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 19, 2009
Plesantly tart, but in no way overbearing. Somewhat sour reminicent of my favorite style (Flemish). A tasty brew not to be missed by fans of the JP.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Alemax (16) - Louisville, Colorado, USA - DEC 30, 2012
Orange in color, smells like a sour with a oaky finish, taste of champagne at the start, lingering tartness, with a strong vegetal finish

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
worldbfat (8) - USA - APR 10, 2008 does not count
I’m cold, hungry, and jobless (for the summer, I’m in school, not a hobo), but all is well because I have a bottle of Fuego del Otono. I don’t know what the spices are supposed to be but I don’t much care because the great funky, tart, fruity apple/pear flavor of this is delicious. The only odd thing was that on one whiff I’d get a scent like a skunked European pils and on the next I’d get the funky scent everyone expects. Otherwise, a balls-out hard-nosed ass beater.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Weidemann (6) - USA - JAN 9, 2014 does not count
Appearance is quite cloudy amber, which looks neat when put up to the light and the breaks in the head mess with its illumination. Mild off-white foam that doesn't stick around more than a few minutes. Aroma has a pleasant, vibrant and spicy smell that to me hints citrus and star anise. Mouthfeel is medium-thin for me, not creamy but a little bit effervescent. Taste starts with a mild / low sourness and takes on a sweet / bitter combo that's reminiscent of arugula and kaffir lime rind, slight pepper but moderate bitterness that lingers. Overall a cool barrel-aged entry into the sour beers with a bitter interest that many other sours lack. Mild sourness for me, I like my aged ales to be quite tart.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jimithing283 (5) - grand rapids, Michigan, USA - JUL 20, 2013 does not count
750ml bottle at Logan's Alley, a very mild and pleasant amount of sourness with a fair amount of cinnamon and chestnuts. Would definitely buy again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
keithsheath (2) - Washington, USA - JUL 16, 2012 does not count
You will never drink a beer like this again. The subtle roast of the chestnut mingles very well with the light sour drinkability. I expected more power in the flavor, but when I got over the initial disappointment I could enjoy the exceptional subtleties of this beer. It’s obvious that they weren’t going a decadent affair, so go into this one with a with a more pensive attitude.