overall

RATINGS: 21   MEAN: 1.52/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.86   ABV: -

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
boozedude (1858) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - SEP 23, 2014
Non offensive, easy to drink, funky aroma, sorta like mich light , wouldn’t do again, just a cheep crappy beer...

Barnesje (1) - USA - NOV 2, 2007 does not count
This Beer is the most amazing beer ever. First off, no matter how many I drank, more would just magically appear in the cooler. NEXT! My friend meg drank 2 of these puppies...next thing I knew, she was giving my Dick the 2 lip shimmy. Anyway, I love this beer and I also went on some jet skis, battled a snake and got that aforementioned BJ from my hot blonde friend meg (Before she got into all those Cleavland dudes)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
LadyJustice (1) - Tavares, Florida, USA - JUL 22, 2007 does not count
Josef Hoffbauer Light is my favorite of all the lower priced, low carb, low-calorie beers (emphasis on the "lower priced"). I moved to FL from GA about 2 years ago and haven’t been able to find it in my local area since, so I’m not a happy camper. Before giving it a bad review, why not throw a "blind beer tasting party" and invite a few friends, requesting that each bring a 6-pack of other light bodied beers, such as South Paw, Natural Light, Busch, Milwaukee’s Best, Miller, Bud, Coors, Michelob, Corona, Rolling Rock, etc. Anyone who prefers darker or extremely dark (what I call motor oil) beers shouldn’t participate in the "light beer test", as it wouldn’t be a fair assessment. If you designate 1 person as a tester to pour the different brands of light beers into shot glasses numbered by brand, then provide them to you (blindfolded, of course), and keep track of your feedback, then the tester gives you a 2nd round of the same beers in a different order, and records the results, you might just find that your preference is something other than what you thought you preferred, even if it isn’t Josef.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
bergface (56) - madison, Alabama, USA - NOV 28, 2006
I lover beer. I HATE Josef Hofbauer. Hard to tell whats worse, this or PBR. If you want a light lager, dig in your couch for the extra 1.50 and get Coors or Miller.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - MAY 31, 2006
A light bit of flavor in this light beer. But pretty much overly watery and grainey with some sour metal in the finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
SudsMcDuff (5866) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - APR 5, 2006
a taed better than the original...its ok for a light that is bought to be drunk in mass

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Wiseblood (700) - Clarksville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 10, 2006
Very pale yellow with lots of carbonation. Some aromas of sweet grains. Actually has some very distant malt flavors that most others in this category lack. Harsh, sour aftertaste. Not a bad cheap beer choice.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
demitriustown (1077) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - OCT 5, 2005
Have you notice that only people that rate once, and never again give these swill beers a 5? Yes it’s cheap, yes it gets you drunk. It smells like nothing, tastes like someone took a dump in the beer vat. The metallic nasty taste...man what are you people thinking about giving this a 5. I know what you’re going to say "you beer snobs don’t know anything about this great cheap ass beer. I got it for 99 cents a 30 pack. It tastes better than miller and bud, and I got wasted as hell" Give me a break. If I could give this nut sweat a 0 out of 5 I would, but since this rating system only goes down to 0.5 that’s what It’ll be.

doctorofstyle (3) - USA - JUL 9, 2005 does not count
For a low carb beer, compared to some of the others out there, old Josef here is really good. It goes down easy and does not have a bad after taste. I like to put a lime in it for some added flavor, but it is a great summertime barbeque beer or for those who do not want to spend a bunch. Get a twelve pack for under 5 bucks and see how it kicks the asses of the other beers under 5 bucks.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - MAY 21, 2005
Thin, pale yellow coloring and a weird flat cheap wine taste. Typical old man beer that does nothing special.