overall

RATINGS: 41   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.45   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Cold Filtered for a Full Rich Flavor.

FUNK's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
FUNK (120) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 21, 2002
Definily not good, but not that bad either. ITs cheap to so thats a plus.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
ElGaucho56 (394) - USA - OCT 3, 2007
oh god the horror. Back in my abject poverty days, my friends dared me to pick up a 12 pack of this for 5.49. It was still money wasted. So far from beer as to create a new standard for piss-water. And the ice was even worse.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
kidwiththehair (45) - Girdwood, Alaska, USA - JAN 20, 2007
at the store my friend said "5 dollars for a 12-pack?!? How can you go wrong???" Well let me tell you, I dont know you can go any more wrong than josef hoffbauer, if you want a nice case of the shits pick this stuff up

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
pojo41 (315) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - NOV 18, 2006
As cheap as this is, it is still better than the typical offerings of the monster brewers. I’d take this over a Bud any day.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
demitriustown (1033) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - AUG 29, 2006
4.49 for a 12 pack! A fricken 12 pack! Most of my beers I buy in singles cost more than 12 of these. Now lets see why...Pours a very clear golden color with a nice carbonated white head that dissipates very quickly. Aroma is scummy water, rice, maybe some hops....that’s a big maybe!! Thin taste, a sweet corn taste with absolutely nothing more. Except for the water. Watery palate. You know Josef light I gave a 0.5, because it was horrible, but this isn’t half as bad. Not good but not as bad as the light.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
505 (271) - Echo Park, California, USA - JUN 4, 2006
Never seen this beer before, but it is hard to pass up a 5.99 12 pack. Smells like corn, very light in color, big head from much carbonation. Taste is a little sweet, with not much else to it. Good if you have friends who want to drink cheap beer. Also, look how fancy it sounds . . . special reserve . . . Hoffbauer . . . onlookers will hever guess that it is the cheapest brew in town.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - MAY 31, 2006
Really not bad for a cheap beer, not that I would drink this in mass quanitites. Has some fruit alcohol flavors, like so many of these cheap beers do. Soapy watery finish

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
tronraner (2459) - Walland, Tennessee, USA - MAY 17, 2006
Hurray, an opportunity to rate another fine offering from everyone’s favorite brewery, Gluek! 12 oz can, a case of which costs 4.79 at Kroger. Pours a very, very pale yellow with a slight green hue to it and a surprisingly well-formed white head. The aroma is rather weak and cereal. The smell of yard waste is in there, too, but it’s very faint, as is a weird saccharine sweetness. The flavor is, well, nothing. There’s some faint malty hay notes in there, but it’s mostly water. It gets slightly sweet after several sips, like Sweet-N-Low, and the finish becomes very artificial tasting. This is very tedious, and by no means good, but it doesn’t have any specific characteristics that directly offend me. I guess that makes it slightly better than most other macro swill.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
bigtasty (23) - USA - MAY 7, 2006
I don’t know, man. I really can drink this stuff. I don’t know why, but this stuff is mad drinkable for me. It’s crazy, but I really like this nasty horsepiss of a beer. It’s five bucks for twelve and it works.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
RCL (2030) - Waltham, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 1, 2006
The only really distinctive aroma and flavor of this is can. Smells like can, tastes like can with a hint of beer. I gave it a couple 2s because there was a hint of fruity yeast that attempted to penetrate the cannyness and failed.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
gh0st (4) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 14, 2006 does not count
Light-tasting, a bit watered-down, doesn’t really smell or taste like anything. Pretty refreshing if you’re thirsty, but for half the price of Budweiser, shit... I had to try it.