J.T. Whitneys Dark Belgian Ale

Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 12   MEAN: 3.47/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
prosqtor (408) - Appleton, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 8, 2008
Beerfest in Chilton. Unfortunately I was informed by the keg operator that this was a Porter, so I was quite surprised at the level of tartness in this beer. Now that I read Skyview’s review and see that it is, indeed a sour, I guess it was okay. I was not impressed.

Skyview (5283) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - MAY 19, 2008
Served on draught at the Wisconsin Micro-brewers Beerfest in Chilton, Wisconsin. Pours a semi-hazy light brown amber brew with a fast dissipating off-white head that dissolves to a thin off-white ring. Aroma of tart fruity character, some yeast, a touch of barnyard funk and some brown sugar. Taste is slightly spritzy, medium bodied with flavors of tart berry with caramel malt, a touch of herbal spice and yeast. Finish has a mild tart berry aftertaste that lingers slowly to a thin caramel taste. Not too overpowering, but just right to my liking. I am happy to see another Wisconsin brewery producing a Brown Sour to attract the neglected sourheads in the beer drinking culture. Most excellent!