overall
Brewed by Alken-Maes (Heineken)
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Jumet, Belgium

RATINGS: 421   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
A full bodied beer, bittersweet and delicious.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
WaZaA (1) - FRANCE - DEC 14, 2012 does not count
A very good beer, for any moments in a day. One of my favourite, unfortunately not enough know. I recommend it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
confusedboy0 (99) - BELGIUM - OCT 19, 2002
Better than Duvel, but Haphin defeats both anyway. Very good, wonderful color

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
davidm (1928) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - APR 25, 2010
UPDATED: FEB 24, 2012 Can from King&Godfree. Great fun. Aromas of bread, caramel, biscuit, spice, and alcohol. Taste is sweet, with bitter tones, light sourness, and long lasting. Palate is syrupy and gives a tingling sensation, full bodied. Dark yellow, with a robust frothy head.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JonMoore (1840) - Loughborough, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - JAN 24, 2005
Golden colour with long lasting frothy/creamy white head. Aroma is honey and spices with some malt. Honey again in the taste, with light fruits. Nice lightly dry slightly bitter finish. Very smooth; very nice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Nekronos (3633) - Xalapa, MEXICO - FEB 15, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 1, 2006 THis is the first HIgh fermentation beer I have ever tried, at least that I remember, and it was deliscious. I do not know what is it consisted in, but it has a rotten flavor that many can find gross, but I really like it, like celumen coloured.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
coach23 (1) - ITALY - AUG 11, 2010 does not count
Another great belgian beer, one of my favorite. Good appearence, golden with a nice spume. Taste is sweet and fruity and becomes slightly bitter at the end, giving a pleasant tickling at the palate. Aroma of orange, spices, alcohol and hints of honey. I really appreciate every time i can savor this "smooth and tempting" belgian.

Trogdor (196) - Cairns, AUSTRALIA - DEC 17, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 6, 2004 Had this at the end of a tasting session and was just starting to get out of my tasting comfort zone so my marks may be a little high for now. From my experience its like a duval without some of the complexities of flavour and aroma that make duval the great beer it is. Nice head, some nuttyness with some spice and fruit characters, has what you'd expect from a belgian strong ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - MAR 1, 2004
This was wonderful, and I have been waiting for so long to try this one and it does not disappoint. Pours a grainey golden color, with aromas of honey, that match the appearace and follow through into the flavor. Effervescent mouthfeel, that toys with your tastebuds. Lots of sweet honey flavors, light fruits, apricots, peaches and pears, with light candi sugars and bubblegum. Overall this was very easy to drink and highly enjoyable. I wish I had another bottle. Thanks to CHOOS!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MissKicha (5) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 18, 2007 does not count
Bottled. Drank in Belgium. Golden with a very slight chill haze. Very thick white head. Slightly spicy with some mild fruit in the nose. Light effervecence. Some honey mixed with a little acidic bitterness. The back has some sugar and another hit of slight bitterness. A great Belgian strong ale - but doesn’t age well in the bottle. A definite session beer that is much more pleasing than a Duvel or similiar.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
doboy (416) - Morehead City, North Carolina, USA - JUN 16, 2010
Best beer I had while in Barcelona out of 14 different beers. There wasn’t much not to like about this beer, except that I could not bring a case home with me. Pours a dark golden color with a sweet malty aroma. Taste is sweet, with some bittering, nice corrieander. Really good mouthfeel. I want more!