overall

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 6.99%
The Julian Hard Cider recipe originates from 1670 colonial America and is comparable to the finest British ciders. Unlike many ďimpostorĒ hard ciders on the market, it is easy to have more than one pint of Julian Hard Cider as we do not use concentrated apple Juice or additives which leave the drinker with a lingering sugary film and after-taste. Why is Julian Hard Cider the choice of true cider lovers? We have only one ingredientÖ the freshest apples in the world! Our cider is lightly carbonated with tartness, acidity and a clean dry finish, enabling it to stand firmly on its own or compliment your favorite meal. At Julian Hard Cider, we invite EVERYONE to put our hard cider alongside the best in the world, as we painstakingly strive to build our fan base one drinker at a time.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
SudsMcDuff (5658) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - JAN 9, 2012
bottle from D&Q, part of my Xmas haul .. . pours a pale white grape juice .. no foam .. . I canít stop my arms moving! - Look how random my arms are! .. . light apple, light tartness .. . easily the most simplistic cider iíve ever had but the abv is masked very well and its easy to drink, just lacks character .. . .
Last time I went to the countryside I had a bit of bother.
What, with the locals?
Nah, a cow. It charged at me so I had to knock it out. One punch.
Nice!
I had to leg it though cos itís mate saw what was going on, and, no word of a lie, they stood up on their hind legs and started firing milk at me from their tits.
Udders.
Yeah, there were loads of íem.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
mar (4661) - Dallas, Texas, USA - DEC 21, 2011
clear pour with a fizzy white head that fades fast. nose is sweet apples, matched with a light tartness. thin on the palate, flavor is sugary and sweet, followed by a tart finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
nuplastikk (4126) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 20, 2011
500ml bottle for $1.49...my arm was twisted. Hyper pale, like you poured out some soda essentially. Cleanish standard cider aroma. Inoffensive and ridiculously drinkable, I could drink liters of this stuff...but Iím rather inexperienced in the cider realm. I pounded the hell out of this one, because it didnít seem like a subtle, slow sipper to me. A little thin in flavor, not much going on besides a steady sour green apple thing..which I can dig. In no way pysched up about it, but an enjoyable beverage.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Capa (1943) - Manama, BAHRAIN - NOV 27, 2011
Just a touch darker than clean water with barely a hint of head around the rim of the glass. Sugary, light apple, light tart aroma. Medium body with light carbonation. Flavor is much more tart than the aroma suggests. Light apple, too. Finish is quite tart and dry. Was hoping for more from this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
auerbrau (3126) - Peace Dale, Rhode Island, USA - NOV 19, 2011
22oz Bottle, purchased at Capital Liquors - Cranston, RI. Aroma is a thin, seltzery apple soda. Pours pretty much clear and white. This is sugary and bland. Itís like an apple alco-pop, hardly cider at all. Thereís little to know apple flavor, lots of white sugar flavor, and some off-fermentation characters. Ugh.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Elwood (2960) - Leesburg, Virginia, USA - OCT 29, 2011
Serving: 22 oz. bottle from State Line Liquors. It pours a pale white color with no head. The nose is pretty clean with light apple notes. The flavor is crisp, tart, and dry with a clean finish. Pretty tasty. I like the dryness of it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DiarmaidBHK (3161) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 19, 2011
Draft at Falling Rock. The best cider Iíve ever had. It pours clear which is a demonstration of itís purity. Smells like fruit tastes like a freshly cut slice of green apple. Clean finish. Wow!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
thornecb (4165) - Marblehead, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 15, 2011
Pours clear celadon into a shaker. No head whatsoever. Sweet green apple aromas. Thin and dry with sweet and sour apple front to back with a medium length apple finish. No sign of alcohol.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
GT2 (7875) - Carlsbad, California, USA - OCT 11, 2011
Tap at Meridian Pint. The pour is clear water- looks like seltzer water. Insane- could not tell the difference between this and water. Looks like extremely light perry. No head, little carbonation. Small chemical aroma with black licorice and burnt plastic. Taste is crisp and refreshing with small cardboard. Mildly tart with a yogurty palate. Maybe small lime and citrus.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
fonefan (33333) - VestJylland, DENMARK - OCT 5, 2011

Bottle 22fl.oz.

Clear light yellow colour with a small, frothy - fizzy, fair lacing, mostly diminishing, white head. Aroma is moderate apple and pear. Flavour is moderate sweet and light light acidic with a average duration. Pretty disappointing cider ;O( Body is light to medium, texture is watery, carbonation is flat. [20111001]