overall

RATINGS: 98   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 6.99%
The Julian Hard Cider recipe originates from 1670 colonial America and is comparable to the finest British ciders. Unlike many ďimpostorĒ hard ciders on the market, it is easy to have more than one pint of Julian Hard Cider as we do not use concentrated apple Juice or additives which leave the drinker with a lingering sugary film and after-taste. Why is Julian Hard Cider the choice of true cider lovers? We have only one ingredientÖ the freshest apples in the world! Our cider is lightly carbonated with tartness, acidity and a clean dry finish, enabling it to stand firmly on its own or compliment your favorite meal. At Julian Hard Cider, we invite EVERYONE to put our hard cider alongside the best in the world, as we painstakingly strive to build our fan base one drinker at a time.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
hardciderfan (12) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 30, 2011
UPDATED: JUN 24, 2011 Having drank cider across UK, Normandy and Sidra in Spain, this beverage is by far the most superior I have enjoyed in the States. The first thing you notice is its clarity. The best ciders I have found are the ones that do not allow their fresh juice to become overly exposed to the open air and therefore oxidize (similar to a cut or bruised apple). This makes for a clean, fresh nose, which Julian hits a bulls-eye. The taste is clean, not apple-candyish, slightly dry and tart. Itís a nice change from the over-sugared and concentrated kidís ciders that were the only ones available when I was younger in Chicago. Just the right amount of carbonation and Iím in for a good cider session.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
CJWolfel13 (3) - - JUN 16, 2011 does not count
UPDATED: OCT 14, 2011 Picked up a Julian Hard Cider in one of their awesome 22oz bottles. The 1st thing that attracted me was the bottle but I was shocked by how fresh it tasted. It didnít leave that slimy feeling in my mouth like a few other ciders and that 6.99% catches you by surprise. Was a pale and natural color and had a smooth and refreshing finish- I found a new favorite cider!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
velodrinker (1) - California, USA - MAY 23, 2011 does not count
Julian Hard Cider takes a refreshing approach to Cider. Its a really tough decision between this and Strongbow, but Iím all about supporting my local economy and Iím pretty stoked to say that something this great comes from my backyard. Oh and their logo and labeling has got to be one of the coolest out there.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ninjaskier (2) - - OCT 4, 2011 does not count
a little more dry than I expected, but clean finish indicates only fresh fruit used. Some are put off by the light straw hue.... But those that know cider will recognize this as a sign of quality fruit used in a quality process. No oxidation = light hue. Excellent!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
chillyice (14) - San Marcos, California, USA - MAY 23, 2011
A nice light carbonated cider, perfect for a hot summers day. The freshness of the apples jump out of the bottle at you. This is not a heavy scrumpy type cider, but more a champagne style. Very refreshing.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dogsrollin (1) - California, USA - MAY 23, 2011 does not count
Unlike the last guy, I love the bottle, love the logo and is classic Julian CA. Very pale gold with scant, white, head / Clean, lightly sweet, malolactic, apple nose / Medium body, also has good finish / Simple flavors of malolactic fermented apples / Very nice and drinkable its the best hard cider out there.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BeerMePodcast (96) - Palm Desert, California, USA - SEP 30, 2010
The best cider I have had to date. Dry, champagne like, slightly tart and deliciously apple. The most perfect cider out there, and if thereís one thatís better, I want to try it!

BristleCone (1) - New Mexico, USA - MAY 23, 2011 does not count
An excellent apple cider, not to sweet, not to spritzy. Refreshing summer afternoon drink straight from the bottle. The alchohol rating is 6.99%

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
padrefan98 (854) - (San Diego) Santee, California, USA - SEP 13, 2010
Tried my first sample at the San Diego Festival of beers. 7 samples later I decided this was the best damn cider I have ever tasted. Spent a while talking to the Marketing guy at the Julian Cider stand, and I think I even spent some time convincing others to give the cider a try. For me this was the most exciting drink at the festival. Call me crazy! But besides the fresh Sculpin was there anything else worth talking about? The cider gets points off for appearance, it reminds me of a flavored sparkling water you get at Wal Mart. But thatís where the complaints end. The aromas are enticingly sweet apple. The flavor is dry acidic and tart. Refreshing flavor without that thick taste after finish. If there was less carbonation this could compete with some of the better sour ales in the country. Blind test this and I doubt many would call it a cider.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DiarmaidBHK (3387) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 19, 2011
Draft at Falling Rock. The best cider Iíve ever had. It pours clear which is a demonstration of itís purity. Smells like fruit tastes like a freshly cut slice of green apple. Clean finish. Wow!