overall
Brewed by Pivovar Kácov
Style: Dunkel/Tmavý
Kácov, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 14   MEAN: 3.43/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ruprecht_007 (601) - Cesky Tesin, CZECH REPUBLIC - MAR 23, 2012
Barva: tmavá černozlatá s červeným nádechem, průhledná. Pěna hustá, světle nažloutlá, držící. Vůně: Svěží chmelová se stopou po karamelu. Chuť. výrazně hořká (na tmavé pivo), chmelový dozvuk, plné tělo, správný říz. Výborný tmavý ležák.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
swooper (1248) - Cambridge and Kladno(Czech Rep.), Cambridgeshire, ENGLAND - JAN 6, 2010
Kácov Vánoční(xmass) Tmavý 13°, On tap in Zlý časy pub Prague, nice caramel and coffey aroma, dark colour brown foam, medium sweet, light bitter, medium body, slicky. Briliant beer, piva jsem měl "plnou hubu" fuul mouth. awesome

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
coldbrewky (1419) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - JUN 2, 2008
On draft repeatedly at U svejka, Koulova, Praha 6. You can find it easily on mapy.cz) This was one of the closest local pubs to the Crown Plaza where I have stayed on my trips to the Czech Republic for the past two years. I was a bit tired of Gambrinus on draft and asked for a dark beer and this is what appeared as if on angels wings from the bar. The barmaid was pretty cute too. I had it first with my lunch of funky chicken. The .3L glass arrived and seemed as dark as a black steers toucous on a moonless prairie night. It shimmered and gave a smooth silky tone as it stared at me from the table. The nose cut through the smokey bar and lingered about the table. Mmmm Dark chocolate with a bit of burnt black patent. Some gentle hops as well. A thick dense light tan head sat on top of the beer like a ruling king. I knew this was going to hit me dead on even before I tasted it. Just a hint of ruby around the edges of the glass. I was mesmerized. My wife asked me if I was feeling ok. I told her to ask me again in a few minutes. The first sip screamed sweet full bodied milk stout but then was suddenly lighter and finished evenly. I shook my head. This was my second beer of the day...how could I be so confused? I took another sip. Great googlie mooglie!! Licorice and bakers chocolate surrounded by noble hops! Chewy but medium bodied, how can this be so? This was the beer I have been shooting for in my own homebrews for years and years! A rich over the top grain bill! Woo hoo. Caution to the wind now I drained the glass. I nearly fell over in glee. I realized that my cousin Tim was calling the barmaid over again to the table and ordering two more of these but .5L mugs of it. My wife shook her head and said...."Here we go again" as she attempted to order a mudslide. Hah..good luck. She settled for a hot chocolate. This went well with a wide assortment of foods from beef to chicken and fish. From what I could gather this is a year round offering now. Wow.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
pivnizub (8764) - Bochum, Porúří, GERMANY - APR 8, 2007
On tap at the brewery: Very deep amber coloured with a firm off-white foam, moderate mainly dry malty aroma: caramel, dark malt with traces of roasted malt, moderate bitter-sweet flavour, light to medium-bodied, dryish, a bit roast-malty finish. A fine, well made and moreish beer.............