Karl Pils
     click to upload
Brewed by Martens
Style: Pilsener
Bocholt, Belgium

RATINGS: 16   MEAN: 2.04/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
SVD (1001) - NETHERLANDS - JUN 16, 2013
25CL bottle at home, bought in Leuven for 16cents.... anyway, clear yellow beer, white head, aroma was normal, taste was soft, low carbonation, actually for 16 cents it was a decent beer xD

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Ungstrup (30977) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - APR 11, 2007
Bottled. A light golden beer with a thin white head. The aroma is sweet and very grainy combined with some notes of straw, the flavor is sweet mlaty with primary notes of grain and straw, but also light notes of honey. Boring.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Storm (2684) - Amager, DENMARK - MAY 6, 2007
Bottle. Golden clear colour with a little white head. Sweet malty aroma with a low hoppieness. Light malty flavour with notes of fruitness. Ends up light and little fruity.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
BoBoChamp (5758) - Gent, BELGIUM - APR 3, 2009
25cl, from De Bierloods Adegem, not complex brew, not balanced, clear, small head, nothing special

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
altonbrownd (4351) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - AUG 24, 2010
Bottle in Brussels. Golden body with tall head. Corny nose. Malty and sweet taste. Watery, sweet and slightly spicy, malty finish. Not bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
BillHick420 (444) - California, USA - AUG 1, 2013
Pours straw, ehite head. Some general aroma of malts, sweet, no hops detectable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
DruncanVeasey (7768) - NUNEATON, 3rd, Warwickshire, ENGLAND - JUL 3, 2006
UPDATED: JUL 4, 2006 Watery, vaguely popcorny pils sniffing of vinegar. That said, at 15cents a bottle, I’m not complaining. Creamy white head, swirling bead and fluffy lacework. Drinkably insipid.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Papsoe (25072) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - APR 19, 2007
(Bottle 25 cl) Clear, pilsener golden with a white head leaving laces. Sweetish, malty aroma. Medium body with sweet malts - and then nothing much more really. Basically no bitterness. Drinkable though. 090407

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
fonefan (39783) - VestJylland, DENMARK - OCT 18, 2010

Bottle 250ml. @ home.

Clear medium grey yellow color with a average, frothy, good, mostly diminishing, off-white to white head. Aroma is light to moderate malty, grain, toasted, cardboard. Flavor is moderate sweet and light bitter with a average duration. Body is light to medium, texture is watery, carbonation is soft. [20101012]

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Countbeer (5508) - Best of E-Town mit 2 Brauhausen, NETHERLANDS - FEB 20, 2012
I keep finding lists of beers I have drunk during vacations, trips, a.o. I found out that I have tasted these brews about 10 years ago, I most likely tasted more, but these were the ones I found on the list and of course that was all I found. I made no notes about the beer but only about the amount of different beers (like names, breweries and bottles). Now this rating, is nothing more than: "I have tasted this beer and I can get it stored here (Ratebeer)" (for my own (in)complete list). I do vaguely remember some things and hence the scores differ.         So untill I drink this beer again, that’s when I can re-write this rating.