overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 339   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   IBU: 17   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Brewed with a half ton of caramelized malts, this bold red ale has caramel and toffee flavors, notes of dried raisins and currants, and a slightly sweet finish.
Color: 30 SRM
Bitterness: 17 IBU
Gravity: 15° Plato
Availability: 24/7/365, Kegs and Bottles

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
KeefOz (892) - Tarragindi, AUSTRALIA - JAN 13, 2013
Poured a translucent coppery-red colour with a few bubbles as head. Light carbonation. Aroma of sweet malt with a trace of roasted grain. Taste only of sweet malts. Light body. Short sweet finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
DedicatedToFun (2419) - Santa Monica, California, USA - JAN 11, 2013
Overall good red that is smooth and goes down as expected love this so Mich drink now I know

davidm (1928) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - DEC 20, 2012
Bottle from Dan Murphy’s. Malty, nice. Aromas of caramel, nuts. Taste is sweet, with average length. Palate is velvety, and medium bodied. Amber, with a disappearing head.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
thewolf (11177) - Kolding, DENMARK - DEC 19, 2012
Bottle. [thanks René]
Pours clear amber with a small, creamy beige film head. Aroma has mild caramel, light berries, some cardboard. Medium carbonation, light dry and grainy mouthfeel. Flavour is sweetish, some caramel, light grainy, som mild cheese pops. Mild bitterness. Average.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
r464 (1918) - Earth, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 12, 2012
Malty, nutty, light sweetness. Smooth with a thin finish. Well balanced. A nice session beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
maekchu (2093) - Hirakata, JAPAN - DEC 8, 2012
Bottle from Asahiya. Buttery toffee aroma, some prune, too. Reddish-brown color, with thin head. Malty, cherries in initial; mid sweetens up more; final maxes out the sweetness to cherry cough drops. Thin-medium body. A bit flat. Overall, quite pleasant. The cherry notes certainly dominate.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DonTom (8) - AUSTRALIA - NOV 27, 2012 does not count
Not the sort of beer I would normally drink, but I had heard good things and wanted to give it a try. A beautiful colour, with what I thought was dark caramel/brown sugar aroma. Much the same on the taste, caramel and toffee. A much lighter body than I was expecting. Not a bad beer for a change of pace, I could only drink one of these though, not sessionable in my opinion at all.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Noahs_Own (5) - Tarawa Terrace, USA - NOV 22, 2012 does not count
The beer that really started my love of craft. Sadly I have moved away from San Diego and I’m unable to get anymore.

BeerMeVal (1) - South Gate, California, USA - NOV 12, 2012 does not count
The bomb.com! When I walked into the Liquor store, I was in the mood for something to celebrate Obama’s victory to. I spotted Red Trolley Ale, and I bought it . I figured I had nothing to lose. When I opened it, my palate went crazy!!! I loved the instant taste of toffee, which is another reasons why I bought it. Yes, it’s sweet, but not sweet enough to dislike. It’s like the perfect date, I thought! Anyway, It says it’s 5.8% alcohol, but I could swear it was more than that because i was feeling tipsy after one and a half! It was totally worth my cash,I mean my date’s cash, haha!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
imaragingbull (570) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - OCT 4, 2012
Bottle. Pours clear lightly hazy amber ruby with small off white head. Chalky malty floral aromas. Toffee, biscuit, sickly sweet malts, jelly, grapes, currants and floral aromas. Medium body, medium carbonation - a touch dry, but sickly sweet tofee and artificial sweetness through the finish with an ongoing floral hop character.