overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 334   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   IBU: 17   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Brewed with a half ton of caramelized malts, this bold red ale has caramel and toffee flavors, notes of dried raisins and currants, and a slightly sweet finish.
Color: 30 SRM
Bitterness: 17 IBU
Gravity: 15į Plato
Availability: 24/7/365, Kegs and Bottles

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
twistedviews (75) - California, USA - OCT 26, 2009
karl strauss brewing co. makes some really goood beers, especially at the brewery... red trolley ale pours a dark amber/kinda red body with a small foamy head. hint of caramel in itís taste and a good finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
shaunfield (68) - adamstown, AUSTRALIA - OCT 4, 2013
This is a great tasting beer. I would definately get this again because it is delicious.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
ofey (67) - Doncaster, AUSTRALIA - JUN 3, 2012
No head as it pours from the bottle, indicated low carbonation. Lacks any bouquet but the Amber hue was different and its caramelized hop flavour flowed through nicely. Much like drinking pop corn. Iíd like to try this again, pulled off a tap though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cooperii (61) - California, USA - AUG 5, 2012
Poured a deep rich amber with a medium sized bubbles and head. Aroma was pleasant. Taste was good, its in line with the Reds. Finish; Reds are a little light for my liking, but would drink it again if it was gifted to me as this was...thanks Nick @ Willows Market, Menlo Park, CA

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jjh19 (55) - California, USA - DEC 5, 2009
Appearance: Poured from the bottle a nice, rich red with a little amber-ness and clear. Impressive foamy head. This is what I like a beer to look like. Smell: I got a slight sweetness in the nose. Taste: Sweet and malty. Perhaps my favorite thing about this beer is the caramel notes I get later in the taste. Thereís a lot going on here. Mouthfeel: Full bodied, this is a rich beer. Drinkability: As the temperature cools down, I find itís an even better time to enjoy a warming Red Trolley. It just works really well enjoying one or two while watching the Chargers. I tend to drink this beer slower than a lot of other beers, making the most of the malts. This is a beer Iíve enjoyed over the years, and I think it gets a little bit better each time I have it. Or maybe I appreciate it a little more each time?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jlthiering (48) - Viginia Beach, Maryland, USA - OCT 15, 2007
I had this beer on tap at the brewhouse and loved it. The beer as smooth and fullbodied, it went well with the steak I had.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
halfbaked (47) - - APR 20, 2013
From the bottle, pours a red/brown with little head. Aroma is understated sweetness. Flavour is of flat malt, a little caramel. Itís a basic beer, I think it lacks complexity. Bland...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
myfriendbubba (34) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 16, 2007
Had at Karl strauss after PP Str Ale fest, my pallet is dead so this seemed very lite with little mouth feel, Perfectly clear amber to red, slight roast malt flavor little hops. Refreshing but thats it. Will re-rate when in town and not continuing from a great fest

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
MisterSparkle (29) - California, USA - JUN 18, 2011
On tap @ Sea World San Diego (Pineapple Peteís, next to the bay of play). Iím glad Sea World has decided to carry more than just the basic Bud/Bud Light crap. This one pours red, one finger head. Aroma is mainly sweet malts, light floral hops detectable even when competing with the aroma of the acrylic glass they gave me. Body is medium-full, flavor follows aroma with a hint of raisin thrown in just for fun. Itís not bad...not spectacular, but not bad. Better than most anything else youíre likely to find at Sea World, at least!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Okra23 (28) - Flowood, Mississippi, USA - JUN 9, 2005
Had this beer brought to me from San Diego. Has a great rich red color with a mild head that doesnít last very long. Has a sweet malty caramel kind of taste. Overall I thought it was a pretty good beer and will enjoy my 6-pack before it runs out.