overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 347   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   IBU: 17   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Brewed with a half ton of caramelized malts, this bold red ale has caramel and toffee flavors, notes of dried raisins and currants, and a slightly sweet finish.
Color: 30 SRM
Bitterness: 17 IBU
Gravity: 15į Plato
Availability: 24/7/365, Kegs and Bottles

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
rhys_mavis (11) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 26, 2010
When out to dinner I find myself trying new beers if possible, but having the dependability of red trolley is always nice too.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
itfitz (10) - California, USA - MAY 27, 2010
With hints of resin, herbs, caramel, cereal, nuts, and roasty undertones, this easily-consumed beer has lively carbonation which gives it a light, pleasant finish.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
steve_4962 (10) - USA - MAY 27, 2010
UPDATED: JUN 4, 2010 One of the best beers on the market today. The rich aroma and taste leave me thirsting for more. A must try.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
hannaugh (10) - Fullerton, California, USA - OCT 19, 2005
I like this beer. Itís pretty to look at, smellís great, and is very flavorful, especially considering Iíve only had it from a bottle. Itís got a bit of sweetness to it with a bitter finish. Very smooth going down considering the amount of carbonation. My aunt lives right next to the brewery, so I should go try it from tap there.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
okitasan (10) - USA - MAY 5, 2008
Had it at Karl Strauss La Jolla. I thought it was pretty decent, it was sort of sweet with a lingering taste of dates.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jnageljr (10) - California, USA - MAY 25, 2010
A malty liquid that when languishing on the tongue reminds me of days gone by enjoying a butterscotch sundae with my parents

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
marmon (10) - California, USA - MAY 25, 2010
bread, spruce, floral, dough, leaves, banana, vanilla. I was a Fat Tire guy from Colorado before I moved to San Diego. This beer is all that Fat Tire wants to be with none of the hangover. Fat tire is a great beer but the hangovers are crushing. Not with Red Trolley

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
robertodila (10) - VENEZUELA - FEB 1, 2013
Muy buena cerveza del west coast. Super balanceada cuerpo medio-alto. Impacto impecable en los sentidos.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
lawless (8) - , California, USA - FEB 2, 2009 does not count
This is the first beer I had from karl strauss and the one that made me a fan. I enjoy that roasted malts and toffee like flavors with hints of dates and currants amazing beer. The first dark beer that I enjoyed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DonTom (8) - AUSTRALIA - NOV 27, 2012 does not count
Not the sort of beer I would normally drink, but I had heard good things and wanted to give it a try. A beautiful colour, with what I thought was dark caramel/brown sugar aroma. Much the same on the taste, caramel and toffee. A much lighter body than I was expecting. Not a bad beer for a change of pace, I could only drink one of these though, not sessionable in my opinion at all.